Tool handle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from terry q

terry q

Needed a new tool handle for a 3/8 detail gouge. Mahogany and Maple.

Attachments

• 2014-11-07 13.52.46.jpg
    2014-11-07 13.52.46.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 318
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Show off... :wink:

My tools are buried in shavings... I think! Need to find a few...

(Very pretty!).

endacoz

I really like your handle!
Ive only been doing small turnings;seem rippers (75+) pens (50+) and bottle stoppers (30+) and 2 ok bowls. It was only one year ago this month I got my first lathe...

I am hooked on turning now and just love the endless creativity in turning.

Never turned a handle. I purchased carbide tools from captain Eddy with 2 semi short handles that are square stainless steel. Can I make a longer handle and put these square bars into a turned handle? Square into a circle confuses me.

Will adding a longer handle to these bars give me more stability while trying to scrape out the inside of a bowl?

Terry - is there nothing you won't do that design on? Next you'll be doing pepper grinders and knife handles!!!

Nice work, though. Prob makes you smile every time you pick it up.

Last edited:

Edward Cypher

Yes make your own handles for Capt'ns tools.

I really like your handle!
Ive only been doing small turnings;seem rippers (75+) pens (50+) and bottle stoppers (30+) and 2 ok bowls. It was only one year ago this month I got my first lathe...

I am hooked on turning now and just love the endless creativity in turning.

Never turned a handle. I purchased carbide tools from captain Eddy with 2 semi short handles that are square stainless steel. Can I make a longer handle and put these square bars into a turned handle? Square into a circle confuses me.

Will adding a longer handle to these bars give me more stability while trying to scrape out the inside of a bowl?

Yes you can make your own handles for Capt'n Eddies tools. There are many youtube video's on it and many books on tool handles.

Love the design on the handles. Nice job.

Top Bottom