Tool handle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

alamocdc

I turned this yesterday. I thought the spindle was Cherry due to the grain structure and other characteristics, but I'm not so sure now. I've turned and worked quite a bit if Cherry, but I've never seen any that exhibited the gren color of this handle. But it is done now and it is just a tool handle. I installed one of Cap'n Eddie's carbide cutters in it.

Attachments

• 640tool_handle.jpg
    640tool_handle.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 393
  • 640tool_handle2.jpg
    640tool_handle2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 298
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Well, I believe it is actually Poplar. I've been informed that aged Poplar can look like Cherry until you cut into it. It did turn like Poplar though, so that makes sense. But no matter, it is just a tool handle and I'll see how functional it is tomorrow.

robutacion

View attachment 83716

View attachment 83717
Cool looking handle Billy. I better not show you the one I made for my Carbide cutter.

You have to now that you brought it up, Bob! :wink:

Billy, you asked for it!!!!!!
Functional but definitely not pretty:biggrin:.
Jarrah and please note the "SUPER SPECIAL" ferrule.

Hahahaha Bob, I knew you were "inventive" but not that much mate, that thing is so damn ugly that it becomes pretty just for the statement it makes, "functionality, doesn't require to be pretty...!"hahahahahh:biggrin:

Seriously mate, do you need me to send you some pretty wood and a piece of pipe, so that you can have pretty tools handles...???:)

You deserve 10 out of 10 for the courage to accept alamocdc's "challenge"...!

Sometimes a "smile" feels better than anything, you can get for free...!

Cheers
George

Bob Wemm

Hey George,
You got it in a nutshell mate. It sure does the job, and now you know why I said I better not show Billy.
But, after seeing his lovely handle and yours as well I will have to make another one. Then I can proudly display it here.

alamocdc

ROTFL! Bob, I took your comment just the opposite of how you intended it. I thought you were implying that I would be jealous because you used better wood (well you did, but...). Not that it looked, er, uh, let's just say less professional. :wink:

And I agree with George on the courage thing. But I appreciate your willingness to laugh at yourself. I laugh at me all the time. Did tonight, in fact. I finished destroying a amsll spalted Maple platter that once was a bowl I began destroying about 6 years ago. :eek: Oh well, I have tons of the stuff!

Top Bottom