Tool Box Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearfretworks

Kit from CS USA, Red Keyaki blank from Stu in Tokyo. This is a GREAT shop pencil, wish I would have ordered more kits - very popular for Fathers Day gifts..... Next year.......

tn_RedKeyakipencil.jpg

Rifleman1776

Looks good. I recently made a CS Artisans pencil for myself from Osage Orange. I like the style, fairly easy to make but instructions must be followed carefully. Use soft lead for artist work, hard for shop. I choose this style because it utilizes a tube. After the fact, I decided a tube was not a necessity as a hunk of wood like that is strong enough for a pencil.

1132320_Osage%20Orange%20Artists%20Sketch%20Pencil.jpg
<br />

Draken

Just made my first tool box pencil, don't much care for the kit. The exposed brass tube at the top looks unfinished, and the need to glue on the upper trim ring and the sharpener is lame. The trim ring should be a friction fit which covers the tube, and the sharpener should also friction fit onto the back end of the transmission/collet. I put one small drop of CA on the sharpener, and the glue ran down and glued in the pencil lead. [:(!] The kit Frank shows looks like it solves the exposed brass tube problem.

Cheers,
Draken

PS Here's a photo of the one I did, for what its worth.
20066115298_0038ToolboxPencilPlatinumPRCropScale.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom