Took out too much meat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

Thought I was taking out 3 slabs. Actually took out 6. Probably one of the tastiest mistakes I've made recently. Dry brined for 24 hours with my homemade rub, then smoked over a mix of hickory and pecan for 4 hours, finished over a handful of apple wood chips.

Attachments

• 4DF4E80E-9318-4A9C-BA69-AA2918EBF97B.jpeg
    4DF4E80E-9318-4A9C-BA69-AA2918EBF97B.jpeg
    477 KB · Views: 165
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

Haha! I got three growing boys and chastised by my wife last night for not making enough food. Probably a blessing in disguise!

magpens

Sometimes folks use the word "meat" to refer to the bulk of material on a pen blank after being turning down to size .....

..... but you're referring to the really GOOD stuff ..... and it SURE DOES LOOK GOOD !!!

(Someday "they" will learn how to transmit smell digitally ..... can't wait !!! ..... but that won't help today !!! )

Kenny Durrant

Wow! I can smell it by just looking. I checked to see what part of the world your in and I didn't see it. I guess if your going to post things like this it's probably in your best interest. Thanks for sharing, I think, and enjoy!!

EricRN

Wow! I can smell it by just looking. I checked to see what part of the world your in and I didn't see it. I guess if your going to post things like this it's probably in your best interest. Thanks for sharing, I think, and enjoy!!
Haha. I live outside Washington DC. But I learned how to barbecue during a stint living in Nashville about 10 years ago.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I made some beef jerky this weekend from flank steak. I made if for me. None of my girls were coming for a visit so I made it with a strong hickory smoke flavor. LOML says it is a tad too smoky. But hey, I don't get to make if for just myself often, so SMOKE it! Tastes GREAT!

Top Bottom