Tonights Pen and Pressing Bushing Tool Test

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska. Tonight I made a Prism & Gold kit from Exotic Blanks using part of a DiamondCast Oil Slick blank from one of McKenzie Penworks. I think the blank and kit finish complement each other quite well. Those DiamondCast blanks really polish up to a glossy finish and the diamond powder makes them really sparkly.

It was a chance for me to test an HDPE pressing bushing tool and technique that Ed from Exotic Blanks posted about just today to help to keep the clip assembly of the pen straight when it is being pressed in. The tool and technique worked great! Here is a link to Ed's Post: "Is your sierra-style pen trying to crack itself?". The pictures of my pen follow. - Dave

IMG_4301 Cropped.jpg

IMG_4296 Cropped.jpg
IMG_4297 Cropped.jpg
IMG_4298 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rixstix

Perfect combination. Nice Job Dave.

PS: In addition to the superb work you post, I like reading your posts daily to see what the new signature line will be.

Darios

Oh snap. That jig idea is perfect (and a day late) for PSI's dragon twist pen.

its_virgil

Nice pairing and excellent fit and finish. Thanks for sharing. I have made two (non-kit) fountain pens from the oil slick blank and it may be one of my favorites. Thanks Dave.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Alan Huey

Greetings from Nebraska. Tonight I made a Prism & Gold kit from Exotic Blanks using part of a DiamondCast Oil Slick blank from one of McKenzie Penworks. I think the blank and kit finish complement each other quite well. Those DiamondCast blanks really polish up to a glossy finish and the diamond powder makes them really sparkly.

It was a chance for me to test an HDPE pressing bushing tool and technique that Ed from Exotic Blanks posted about just today to help to keep the clip assembly of the pen straight when it is being pressed in. The tool and technique worked great! Here is a link to Ed's Post: "Is your sierra-style pen trying to crack itself?". The pictures of my pen follow. - Dave

View attachment 371266

View attachment 371263
View attachment 371264
View attachment 371265
Nice combination! looks great!

ink_a_fink

Great pairing on the blank/hardware! From the photos it looks like the blank runs the entire length of the pen!

Top Bottom