Toledo Woodcraft Slab Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

The Woodcraft store in Toledo, OH is having their annual, but not well know, slab sale this week. They bring in slabs from a few local sawyers that run from good to pretty good prices. They also have their standard stuff which is a bit high but typically finished to a higher standard, also.

I picked up a +/- 36"x14"x 2" ambrosia maple (solid), a +/- 50"x11"x2" pecan, a +/- 68"x13"x2" sycamore slab with an 18" kick-out with crotch and a +/-78"x27"x2" Cherry with a natural split with bark inclusion all for $275.

About average pricing per bdft with a variety of selection if you are within driving distance.

PreacherJon

better yet, go to the local sawyers, by direct. I've done that before. Bought a board for $5.00. Seen the same board cut... at woodcrafters and they wanted $12.00. I asked the sawyer about it... he laughed and said. I sell to that store.

MRDucks2

better yet, go to the local sawyers, by direct. I've done that before. Bought a board for $5.00. Seen the same board cut... at woodcrafters and they wanted $12.00. I asked the sawyer about it... he laughed and said. I sell to that store.
This one week thing is a little different. All the slabs are marked by the sawyer with their info, size, price, name, etc. Sales are manually logged and run through the store. I expect there is a commission paid but not much. Mutual benefit for the store and the sawyers.

I do buy from local sawyers in timber rich Southern Indiana but this opportunity gives a broad selection of slab cuts, sizes and species that many (not all) local guys typically can't match.

If you do the math I think I averaged around $4.20 a board foot. That is pretty decent.

Top Bottom