Today's stamp pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

Here's how my chrome Zen pen I finished today turned out.I used these pretty floral stamps from Germany.

These are really large stamps,but they fit on this pen using the stamp-over-core,then 50 or so coats of ca method.

Love the colors,and lettering in this series of stamps from 1991.

Thanks for lookin!

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_5306.JPG
    IMG_5306.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_5307.JPG
    IMG_5307.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5310.JPG
    IMG_5310.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5315.JPG
    IMG_5315.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tommy2tone

Here's how my chrome Zen pen I finished today turned out.I used these pretty floral stamps from Germany.

These are really large stamps,but they fit on this pen using the stamp-over-core,then 50 or so coats of ca method.

Thanks for lookin!

Steve

What does "stamp-over-core" mean?

Janster

.................another Beauty Steve! Stamp over core , I think, is , stamps adhered directly to the tube. The CA is built up to the finished dimensions. Again, nice work Steve. Be well...............Jan

alphageek

Former Moderator
Wow - very sharp! My guess would be that stamp over core is not right on the tubes, but rather a just undersized wood blank under the stamps. If you put it right on the tubes, I doubt 50 coats of CA would be enough... You'd have to cast it.

ossaguy

Thanks for lookin!

Steve

What does "stamp-over-core" mean?

It means I under-turn a blank about .040'',then quick ca finish it.Then paint it white & glue and seal the stamps with mod podge.At that point it's only about .014'' away,so the ca buildup is not so much.

A friend gave me a bunch of blanks that only have grain that's attractive on one side,and they turn super fast,so I use those for big-stamped projects like this and the duck/trout stamps.

Thanks,
Steve

Top Bottom