Todays Offering

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

New kit to me a Keats Kit .Blank described as a Ebony special for pens. It does have a bit of extra detail.
Hope you like it comments please.

Attachments

• pen5.jpg
    pen5.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 152
  • pen4.jpg
    pen4.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 161
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bats

That's an interesting kit - I don't think I've seen (or noticed) it for sale on this side of the pond yet. I like the way the center band & finial flare to blend with more wasp-waisted designs. Nice pen, too - glad to see I'm not the only one who likes leaving their ebony unfinished.

(err... that is unfinished and just polished raw, isn't it?)

Kcimdrib

The Kit is from PROKRAFT UK. Probably a US equivalent.
I did give it a quick wipe with Sanding Sealer followed by Melamine Laquer which does leave a natural finish which I like.
Thanks for your comments.

sorcerertd

I'm generally lukewarm on the peppermill style carved barrels, but it looks good on the right pen. This is the right pen. Like Bats said, the curve on the band and finial really flows into the shape. I like it. Also like the more natural finish on it.

Kcimdrib

Thank you for your comments. I suppose because I like turning wood I can't resist making this type of pen. I try to keep the pen kit simple and shape the wood but that's just my take on it. I see such beautiful work shown that sometimes I feel a little left behind. But inspired by the work I see here.

Top Bottom