Today’s practice pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hippie3180

Hippie3180

I'm waiting for some kits and blanks to arrive in the mail, not much left here, but there was one lonely Slim Line kit left. I like to make sure I practice daily….so today I give you a Walnut Slim Line with Satin Components.

IMG_1214.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Very nice - great looking fit of the blank to the components.

When I started making pens back in 2017, Woodcraft acquired our local private Midwest Woodworkers store. As part of the acquisition Midwest Woodworkers had a huge clearance sale of their pen kits (anything that wasn't a Woodcraft brand that is) and I bought almost everything they had on the shelf. They were on sale for less than $1 each.

Unfortunately when I started expanding into other kit sizes I found that I prefer a larger, more substantial pen. That's when I found that WoodTurningz carries Comfort Pen center bands in various platings. The Comfort Pen uses the same tip and cap bushings as the slimline, but the center band is about 1/10th of an inch larger in diameter. So now, if whenever I turn a Slimline, I use Comfort bushings and substitute Comfort center bands.

Regards,
Dave

bsshog40

Slimlines are popular. I started turning them in the beginning myself. They are great feeling pens and fun to work with. Nice job!

Hippie3180

Slimlines are popular. I started turning them in the beginning myself. They are great feeling pens and fun to work with. Nice job!
They are a great pen for getting your feet wet, I just don't like hacking away so much of a good blank. 😂

Top Bottom