To fill or not to fill.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

I made a little desk tray to hold a fountain pen and business cards from ambrosia maple. My blind turner will sand and finish it tomorrow. The question is, do I fill the little worm holes or just leave them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

2 ways to look at it and either way is acceptable. leave them be or celebrate them and fill with material such as inlace. I like the striking look and probably would fill and incorporate the color in the pen holder in some way or the card holder. But that is me. Look forward to seeing the end results and I am sure they will look great.

sbwertz

These are tiny....about pinhead size. I'm going to leave them unless my blind turner wants them filled.

sbwertz

These are tiny....about pinhead size. I'm going to leave them unless my blind turner wants them filled.

It will have to wait till next week though...woke up with Montezuma's Revenge this morning...can't get ten feet from the bathroom.:mad: Stress tends to do that to me......

sbwertz

With ambrosia maple, the bugs are long gone before the wood is kiln dried. The beetles are what makes the ambrosia pattern.

Top Bottom