..to fight that stubble...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rudy Vey

Rudy Vey

As some may have recognized, I was not much around this summer. I started to make some shaving supplies and started to do a lot of shaving brush restorations and also make custom handles now. This seems to go a bit better than pen sales for me this year.
Here are a few pictures:
The first one shows a set of a DE razor and brush made from Irish Bog Oak, then a DE razor with a handle made from stabilized BEB, followed by another IBO brush and last but not least four brushes with boar bristle.
On a interesting side note, the second IBO brush was sold to a chap in Ireland and the Boar brush with the faux ivory handle went to Norway (and the new owner ordered already another brush made from a huge Silvertip badger knot and a handle in the same shape - just much bigger).

Attachments

• Irish Bog Oak Set - Razor and Brush, $100.jpg
    Irish Bog Oak Set - Razor and Brush, $100.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 210
  • Blue Boxelder Burl Razor.jpg
    Blue Boxelder Burl Razor.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Irish Bog Oak, 18 mm Pure Grey Badger.jpg
    Irish Bog Oak, 18 mm Pure Grey Badger.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Four Boar Brushes.jpg
    Four Boar Brushes.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

Congratulations. I have seen these as a way to pamper yourself without really spending a ton of money. I know lots of guys who once they shave with a mug and brush and straight razor will never go back. I haven't gone down that road....yet. I'm afraid.

They are all beautiful

rpearson

Very nice work and very encouraging as well. I've been looking at and thinking about the custom shaving accessories. Again well done!

mickr

nice stuff..except I just got electricity here and bought an elec razor!!! going at this backwards I guess!!!

Freethinker

I know lots of guys who once they shave with a mug and brush and straight razor will never go back. I haven't gone down that road....yet.

I tried it a couple of times.

The warm suds and the ultra sharp razor are wonderful, but I usually need a blood transfusion afterwards, so I keep returning to the safety razor.

:biggrin:

Top Bottom