To all contest chairs and users of the calendar..pls read

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Hey folks,

A couple of things for you...

If you go to the site that has the calendar and you have been logged out and need to login, click on the faint admin tab at the top of the page near the center. It is very faint intentionally to keep from drawing attention. Enter your username and password and you will be logged in and able to edit your calendar entries.

This brings up another point...I took a look at the calendar entries and see some issues. Some of you did not read my directions in the original calendar thread! You need to choose "no specific end time" under the time settings. Also, if you are creating an "edn of contest" entry, keep in mind that that entry is its own event so you need to make the start time, the time you want the contest to end. Then choose "no specific end time" again. DO NOT put the time your contest ends as the end time! I know this is confusing so if you have trouble, please let me know.

Also, for this year, I have not used any captcha (crazy letters you have to enter) on the entry forms. This is potentially a problem since it leave the form open and easy for a spambot to make bogus entries. However, it makes it a hell of a lot better for the member since they don't have to try to figure out the stupid letters. If you get a spam entry for your contest, please forward it to me asap. I will delete it from the database. Same applies if you get a real entry that needs to be deleted for any particular reason. If the spam becomes a problem, I will turn the captcha back one.

Any issues at all with your calendar entries or entry forms, please let me know and I will take care of it for you. I am here to help so just let me know.

Also, remember, when your contest has ended, please let me know asap so I can compile and send you the addresses and info of the winners. It would be helpful if you sent me the names of your winners so I can easily pull them out for you without having to read through all the threads to figure out who the winners are!

Last edited:
Top Bottom