Tired of seeing red.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

My Son started working for the University of Houston a couple of months ago and asked if I would make some pens for coworkers for Christmas gifts. I said of coarse so he ordered the pen kits and had them shipped to me. I was ready to finish these up so I could look at something a little different. All are Bolt Action Techs with vinyl logos ironed on cloth.
385BF775-F303-47A4-B442-B32B542D4735.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Thanks for the complements. I have a friend, yes I do have one, that has a vinyl cutter that cuts out the logos. I size them for her and she does the rest. I have a heat press that I use when I do the inkjet iron on transfers and iron the logos on the cloth. basically I wrap the cloth around the tube and cast. I've been doing this for quite a while and can pretty much hide the seam.

Kenny Durrant

Sarcasm? It's quite a process so I figured I'd write something in the casting form for that. I've been working on this for over a year and still have issues from time to time so I wonder if my instruction would be helpful or stir up heartaches for others. I apologize if it wasn't what you were expecting or if your reply was nothing more than what it said.

Kenny Durrant

I want him to stay in Houston or move close to home. He was in Colorado for a while and although I know it could be worse that was too far. He just moved to Houston from Oklahoma City a few months ago. For those that don't know just how big Texas is, he was an hours drive closer when he was in OKC. My sons big into sports and he works in the ticket office so he know people all over the country. Kentucky hasn't come up yet but you never know. Thanks for the reply.

thomgarner

Kenny - I am sure your son was very appreciative of the pens made. Great job and great technique ... I am impressed .... now I have a school I'd like to get a couple of blanks for ;) Texas A&M ...

Top Bottom