Tiny (rolling) House Turning....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bikerdad

Imagine the scenario:

Your retirement and house burning down have coincidentally (?) come to pass at the same time. As a result, you've decided to take up the Full-Time RV lifestyle, while continuing with your pen turning. You also like to ride X (motorcycles, dirt bikes, bicycles, snowmobiles, jetskis, etc), and so have purchased a toy hauler with a 10' garage, meaning you've got a 8x10' workshop that you share with your toy(s).

What goes into your workshop? What get's left out, and why?

dogcatcher

I have a workshop that fits in a suitcase. Includes a Taig mini lathe with wood turning and metal turning accessories. My tools also include a trim router with a bench mount, but I have room various hand tools like hand saws etc... I can make pens, duck calls, bottle stoppers etc.. I am missing a drill press, but I do most of that at home. I can dill on the Taig, but length is very limited. I could set up a cordless drill to handle that, but so far my system works.

When we take a camping trip I plan in advance on what I want to make, I can also do demos with my set up that I plan out before I pack up my supplies. I am trying to design and build a 3x18 or 1x12 belt sander to add to my "toy" suitcase. It will be powered by a Foredom same my lathe.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I think what gets left out will depend on what kind of turning you will be doing. Basic pens require basic equipment. If you get into segmenting your own blanks, you'll need more stuff.

You might check out Featherlite Trailers. They can haul a lot of toys and, you can live in them. :biggrin: Have fun!!:wink:

Top Bottom