Time to brag on my oldest daughter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

So a few months ago, Angelina applied to the Biomedical program that starts when you are a Freshman in High School. They told us they accept 20 students from the city, and it is a 4 year program. They have an Engineering program that accepts more, and the 3rd is the College prep program. All 3 the kids end up taking college courses their Junior year in High School. So of course I encouraged her to apply for all 3, but she wanted the Biomedical one. She didn't get in and received a letter stating she was on the wait list. So I was upset she didn't apply for at least the College Prep one, but you know with SWMBO and a teenager, dad doesn't know anything.

About a month passes since she got the wait list letter. Well about a week ago my wife and I get a letter from the school stating she was accepted into the program, please fill out the attached document. So she was pretty excited about that.

Each of the 3 public high schools in our city has one program they do, luckily Angelina got accepted to the high school closest to our house and not 30 miles away.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

builtbybill

Congrats, sometimes they just need a little push in order to realize their potential. My daughter did not think she was good enough for the Air Force Academy, but I told her to apply and make them say no...she just finished her junior year.

TonyL

In what will seems like a few short years, you are likely hear your children repeating your (formerly silly) advice to others. Congratulations - celebrate all victories!

sbwertz

In what will seems like a few short years, you are likely hear your children repeating your (formerly silly) advice to others. Congratulations - celebrate all victories!
I hear myself all the time, saying the same things my parents said to me when I was young. And when I was visiting my son last summer, I had to laugh. He was talking to his 16 year old son, and he sounded just like his grandfather.

Top Bottom