Time for a meeting?????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Past time for another meeting. It's been over 6 months since our last and it looks like we have a few new IAP members in the area.
Last of Feb or any time in March would work for me. My shop is always open or we can have it somewhere else if anyone wants to volunteer.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vbritt

Include me too

I would certainly be interested in attending. I am pretty much a newbie so I doubt if I could contribute much, but I welcome suggestions at shortening my learning curve.

Virgil

The Penguin

set a date, I'll try to make it.

last weekend of February is rodeo parade and BBQ cookoff. Bad time for me since I'll be showing the Cavalry around Houston that weekend.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Let's make it March 28 at my place in Pearland. Tentative start time of 10AM til ???
Post below about topics for demos you would like to see.

Quality Pen

Not sure if I can go, but I'll let ya know!

Ideas? Well, I'm not sure but I remember seeing (I think it was yours) a really cool bottle stopper with shells in it at that front table where you had the swap blanks. We never made it to the table so I'm not entirely sure... but Christy and I remember something like this. Pretty sure it was seashells cast in clear resin. I'd venture it is simple to explain, but I can't imagine it'd be too much to ask to see it?:biggrin:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Not sure if I can go, but I'll let ya know!

Ideas? Well, I'm not sure but I remember seeing (I think it was yours) a really cool bottle stopper with shells in it at that front table where you had the swap blanks. We never made it to the table so I'm not entirely sure... but Christy and I remember something like this. Pretty sure it was seashells cast in clear resin. I'd venture it is simple to explain, but I can't imagine it'd be too much to ask to see it?:biggrin:
It was seashells cast in PR. The hardest part is filling in all the voids with CA when turning.

kenmic

Meeting place

Meeting date sounds good. Could you please post or PM your address?
Thanks much.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Ken and all,
I'll PM everyone my address when we get c;loser to the meeting date. That way it's easier to keep track as to whom I've sent it.

EN Pens

Hi Mannie,
Edie and I are looking forward to the meeting. If possible, I would like to see a demo on the various aspects of segmenting: cutting, gluing, reassembly, and any jigs that make things easier. I'm thinking that you might be quite experienced in this area.
Best Regards,
Ed Nagel
EN Pens

Mike Powell

Segmenting is a good idea, I would also like to see some casting. I have an issue with worthless wood blanks, I have to cast them twice to fill the entire mold. After first cast PR shrinks to about 3/4.
Just need an address.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm going to try to make it Mannie - that's a 3-day weekend for me, so I have a little more flexibility than I do for short weekends.

I'd be interested in seeing a segmenting and a casting demo also.

I've never been to a chapter meeting before - what do we need to bring?

Edgar

rblakemore

How about the 21st??

I caught this note by a stroke of good fortune - thanks ED.
I now work in south Austin, stay in Round Rock; but, come home to Friendswood/Houston for the weekend. It seems that all I do is drive!?!?!
So a meeting is a great idea!! I am booked for the 28th though - how about the 21st???

OK, I see the other posts; I doubt that I can the 28th. Have a great meeting and time visiting
Ron

Last edited:
Top Bottom