Timberwolf Bandsaw blades - group buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Penguin

Bandsaw blades group order

I will be ordering Timberwolf bandsaw blades from Suffolk Machinery soon. They offer volume discounts for purchases over 10 blades. I am offering this group purchase to members of my local club and to IAP users.

10 - 19 blades: 15% discount
20 - 29 blades: 25% discount
30+ blades: 30% discount

Please have a look at www.suffolkmachinery.com or www.timberwolfblades.com to see styles and lengths of blades available. For roughing bowl blanks and milling green wood, they recommend their "Alternate Set" blades in either 3/8" or 1/2" width. This order is not limited to any particular blade length, width, TPI, or tooth style. Order whatever you want. Suffolk does have some limitations on discounts for bi-metal and carbide blades. Please see: Timber Wolf® blades offers discounts for Woodworking Clubs for more details

I would like to place the order on Friday morning, April 3

Please send me a private message with your email address and I will send you an order form to fill out what you would like to order. You will return that form to me. I will in turn collect all orders and submit them to Suffolk Machinery.

When I have all orders in hand, I will send a paypal request for payment for your portion of the order.

And now for the fine print:

no limit to the number of people in this group buy.

Shipping costs from Suffolk Machinery will be shared across the entire purchase on a "per-person" basis. (If 12 people order blades in any quantity, each person will pay 1/12th final shipping cost).

I will attempt to use USPS medium flat rate shipping boxes to ship out your order to you. IAP members local to Houston, TX can make arrangements to pick up their order from me if they desire.

Your cost for this group buy would be calculated as follows:

+ Blade purchase
- appropriate discount
+ pro-rated share of shipping from Suffolk to me
+ USPS flat rate shipping from me to you
+ 4% to cover paypal fees - I will refund any additional money collected in excess of the paypal fee, after I do final calculations.

(I will also accept paypal payment as a "Friend and Family" transfer to save fees.

If after final calculation the 4% doesn't cover paypal fees, or if I can't ship your package by a USPS flat rate box, I'll send an invoice for the difference.

All payments must be received before I ship anything to you.

I will accept international orders - we'll have to figure out shipping costs and handle accordingly. You do the math on blade length...they are sold in inches, not centimeters. :biggrin:

The Penguin

sorry - I meant to make this bold in the original listing - so here it is bold...and large.

I will also accept paypal payment as a "Friend and Family" transfer to save fees.

The Penguin

orders received from:

edohmann - IAP
Brian S - GCWA

total blade count: 5

order form sent to:
SteveG
eajacobson
elance

The Penguin

orders received from:

edohmann - IAP
Brian S - GCWA
lcummings - WWCH

total blade count: 10

order form sent to:
SteveG
eajacobson
elance
massmans
keith byrd

The Penguin

orders received from:

edohmann - IAP
Brian S - GCWA
lcummings - WWCH
elance - IAP

total blade count: 14

order form sent to:
SteveG
eajacobson
massmans
keith byrd
its virgil

The Penguin

No worries about blade count getting to 30 - I'm still waiting on my home club members orders.

we'll get to 30 without a doubt. I'm thinking it will be around 50 blades by the time I order.

The Penguin

orders received from:

edohmann - IAP
Brian S - GCWA
lcummings - WWCH
elance - IAP
Paul M - GCWA

total blade count: 18

order form sent to (waiting on your order...):
SteveG
eajacobson
massmans
keith byrd
its virgil
twinsen
Mike8850

Last edited:

The Penguin

Seeing as there was an issue with delivery of the order form to keithbyrd - If anyone else has not received the order form, please let me know!

also - "duncsuss" emailed and said that he had an issue with the order form being password protected - IT IS, since Timberwolf creates the form and the have their prices built in to it!

What you need to do if you are given that warning is hit the "ESC" key - and you can then enter your information. Thanks to duncsuss for figuring that out and letting me know the solution.

orders received from:

edohmann - IAP
Brian S - GCWA
lcummings - WWCH
elance - IAP
Paul M - GCWA

total blade count: 18

SteveG
eajacobson
massmans
keith byrd
its virgil
twinsen
Mike8850
duncsuss

Last edited:

The Penguin

orders received from:

edohmann - IAP
Brian S - GCWA
lcummings - WWCH
elance - IAP
Paul M - GCWA
SteveG - IAP

total blade count: 24

eajacobson
massmans
keith byrd
its virgil
twinsen
Mike8850
duncsuss
nellieteach

The Penguin

orders received from:

edohmann - IAP
Brian S - GCWA
lcummings - WWCH
elance - IAP
Paul M - GCWA
SteveG - IAP
DonD - GCWA

total blade count: 26

eajacobson
massmans
keith byrd
its virgil
twinsen
Mike8850
duncsuss
nellieteach

The Penguin

orders received from:

lcummings - WWCH

Brian S - GCWA
Paul M - GCWA
DonD - GCWA
TomE - GCWA
BenG - GCWA

edohmann - IAP
elance - IAP
SteveG - IAP
nellieteach - IAP

total blade count: 35 <--- We've reached the max discount for standard blades!

eajacobson
massmans
keith byrd
its virgil
twinsen
Mike8850
duncsuss
lwalden

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Not sure what blades people are ordering and none of my business. But I would like to throw out a comment. Take a good look at a metal cutting blade if you have any intentions of cutting aluminum, copper, brass for segmenting in the future. Also is great for cutting hard plastics. I use them for cutting my billiard balls. Good for cutting tubes to length.

Just an opinion.:)

The Penguin

I think you have my order too.
Mike

You're correct. updated below

lcummings - WWCH

Brian S - GCWA
Paul M - GCWA
DonD - GCWA
TomE - GCWA
BenG - GCWA

edohmann - IAP
elance - IAP
SteveG - IAP
nellieteach - IAP
Mike8850 - IAP
duncsuss - IAP

total blade count: 41 <--- We've reached the max discount for standard blades!

eajacobson
massmans
keith byrd
its virgil
twinsen
lwalden
SloLouie
Karl_99

Last edited:

eajacobson

John,

I'm having a hard time finding something listed as a metal cutting blade on the Timber Wolf site. Is there something you would suggest from their offerings?

I plan to call them on Monday morning, too, but just trying to be as informed as possible.

Thanks,
Ed

Not sure what blades people are ordering and none of my business. But I would like to throw out a comment. Take a good look at a metal cutting blade if you have any intentions of cutting aluminum, copper, brass for segmenting in the future. Also is great for cutting hard plastics. I use them for cutting my billiard balls. Good for cutting tubes to length.

jttheclockman

John,

I'm having a hard time finding something listed as a metal cutting blade on the Timber Wolf site. Is there something you would suggest from their offerings?

I plan to call them on Monday morning, too, but just trying to be as informed as possible.

Thanks,
Ed

Hello Ed

The link on the very first thread of this posting has the catalog. In the top banner it has blades written. Click on that and a drop down menu appears. Click on metal cutting blades and you are there. I use a 1/2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom