Timberbits Parker Style Lead Mechanism

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chrisk

Recently I purchased some of these new lead mechanisms offered by David Lin from Timbertbits. Here: https://www.timberbits.com/lead-mechanism.html
Not to replace the Schmidt pencil mechanisms but in order to offer a pencil alternative to be adapted without any modification on some (Parker) pen kits I'm selling. David Lin advertises this mechanism to fit Cigar or Sierra pen kits. After fixing a small issue with David, seemingly due to transportation, this mechanism can indeed be adapted on these two pen kits (with their standard transmission) without any alteration and seems to work pretty fine. Also, seemingly it can fit a Schmidt transmission that we find on the "convertible" pen kits like Berea's "Perfect Fit" or "El Grande" or even the "Cigar pencil".
Doesn't work with Clicker and Elegant Beauty though.

Of course the above short report is not a quality record. One has to try more thoroughly this mechanism before suggesting any quality opinion.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

Ok, now that is pretty slick. Can it hold multiple pieces of lead or just one at a time and how do you reload it? I didn't see that info on the video

chrisk

The mechanism comes with 3 leads. By pulling the cap off, you can reload. I filled up to 7 leads on one mechanism.

Attachments

• Lead mechanism.jpg
    Lead mechanism.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 389

kyaggie

It is great to hear that these mechanisms work as advertised. I'm anxiously waiting for a batch of 25 to arrive. They should make for a nice way to put together matching pen and pencil sets for the fast approaching graduation season.

Thanks for posting this info,
Mike

Penl8the

Yes, this refill replacement works really well. I order 50 of them for the price break.

I tested it with Cigar, Sierra and Long Click Pen.

I couldn't find Long Click Pencil any more, so this mechanism is perfect option.

lorbay

Recently I purchased some of these new lead mechanisms offered by David Lin from Timbertbits. Here: https://www.timberbits.com/lead-mechanism.html
Not to replace the Schmidt pencil mechanisms but in order to offer a pencil alternative to be adapted without any modification on some (Parker) pen kits I'm selling. David Lin advertises this mechanism to fit Cigar or Sierra pen kits. After fixing a small issue with David, seemingly due to transportation, this mechanism can indeed be adapted on these two pen kits (with their standard transmission) without any alteration and seems to work pretty fine. Also, seemingly it can fit a Schmidt transmission that we find on the "convertible" pen kits like Berea's "Perfect Fit" or "El Grande" or even the "Cigar pencil".
Doesn't work with Clicker and Elegant Beauty though.

Of course the above short report is not a quality record. One has to try more thoroughly this mechanism before suggesting any quality opinion.

I think his name is David Lim.

Lin.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yes, this refill replacement works really well. I order 50 of them for the price break.

I couldn't find Long Click Pencil any more, so this mechanism is perfect option.
Hi Branden; The Long Click Pencil from CS USA has been discontinued.

chrisk

I tried the Timberbits lead mechanism with a Long Click or Clicker but didn't work for me.
Instead a first class pencil mechanism does perfectly fit the Long Click, that is the Schmidt DSM 2007 mechanism. And, while this mechanism doesn't need any modification at all, it works only with the Parker spring!

Last edited:

chrisk

A minor update about the DSM 2007 Schmidt mechanism. I found out that the DSM 2007 doesn't fit quite properly in a normal (that is 105mm or 4,134" long) Clicker or Long Click. Best fit is with a Clicker barrel slightly shortened for at least 1,5mm (0.06").

Top Bottom