Thuyla Burl - Every Day Carry Dura Click SS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My first efforts with this kit (https://www.penturners.org/threads/edc-every-day-carry-pen.161092/) and using Glu Boost as a finish.

Some additional comments were posted here.

I'll be making many more of these kits.
IMG_1327.jpg
IMG_1328.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thomgarner

Great fit finish and the choice wood was amazing.

I have been wanting to order the starter kit for these pens and now you have forced my hand ... ;) I really like the look and feel of this pen. I can see why the wife walked away with it. Mine has walk with a couple I have made as well. Great job and read you additional comments and will probably try the Glue boost product in the future as an alternate finish. Thanks for the post my friend.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Great fit finish and the choice wood was amazing.

I have been wanting to order the starter kit for these pens and now you have forced my hand ... ;) I really like the look and feel of this pen. I can see why the wife walked away with it. Mine has walk with a couple I have made as well. Great job and read you additional comments and will probably try the Glue boost product in the future as an alternate finish. Thanks for the post my friend.

I really like the Stainless steel and the Schmidt mechanism. And as a segmenter, the additional material and long tube length is a great benefit. I usually hesitate to recommend kits to others, but this looks like a winner to me.

Super pen, Mark! Love that burl. Great pairing. I agree - the SS seems to be my favorite, also. I'm thinking they need to come up with a better solution to the refill extender, though. People who don't know/care about the difference between a Parker and a Cross will trash it and then the pen is unusable. I'll be happy to give/sell extenders but I'd rather be turning.

Burb

Beautiful pen. That wood is amazing. This kit has become my goto for a customer that asks for a click pen. It's high quality Schmidt all metal click mechanism should last a lifetime. I made myself a pen
fullsizeoutput_59ae.jpeg
with this EDC kit several months ago, and I use it daily.

Top Bottom