Thuya Burr Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lefyldepens

lefyldepens

When I went to Marrakesh earlier in the year, I couldn't get a piece of this Morrocan wood anywhere.

The smell of drilling and turning this wood took me back on holiday.

Stay Safe Andy x
07a2d497f32a4da6028fd54995bdc1e8.jpg
b24a75a569473974132adf5cd2109129.jpg
7a89e8c43ed36671da37635908c71036.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

WOW !!

That's beautiful !!! . Wish I could smell it !!! . Why can't smell be digitized ?!! . LOL ! . It's just another "prop" !!

Jonkou

Nice looking pen, Thuya is one of my favorites too. These have been on my shelf for a long while, you've inspired me to cut one up for pen blanks.

A1A746E7-6717-40A2-AB2E-AB8DDD403F35.jpeg

magpens

"When I went to Marrakesh earlier in the year, Stay Safe Andy x"

Aaaah,,!, so you're the culprit spreading the lurgy around :rolleyes: :D

You chose a good kit to show off your wood.đź‘Ť

Sometimes you find "poetry" in IAP communications .... sometimes the original has been altered or augmented by others ...

When I went to Marrakesh
Earlier in the year,
I met a burl with a bottle of booze
And now I live in fear.

MTViper

Great job and a beautiful piece of wood. I've gotten to the point I save my Thuya blanks for pens I'm going to keep. I've quit putting any finish on them because I want to be able to smell that aroma any time. Keep up the great work.

Steve

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Lovely pen Andy. All the above comments are valid - I will simply add that your presentation (Photos) are excellent and the final pen is well displayed.

hokie

When I went to Marrakesh earlier in the year, I couldn't get a piece of this Morrocan wood anywhere.
Coincidentally, I too visited Marrakesh very recently and I found lots of Thuya! Essaouira was the real mother lode. I got slabs of the stuff for pennies on the dollar compared to US prices (which makes sense of course). Thuya product sellers where everywhere! Even visited a Thuya workshop. The whole city smelled like Thuya. I was in heaven.

lefyldepens

Coincidentally, I too visited Marrakesh very recently and I found lots of Thuya! Essaouira was the real mother lode. I got slabs of the stuff for pennies on the dollar compared to US prices (which makes sense of course). Thuya product sellers where everywhere! Even visited a Thuya workshop. The whole city smelled like Thuya. I was in heaven.
There were lots of places selling it, but only was turning lemon in the shop

hokie

I have never heard of melamine finish. Where do you obtain this product and is this a standard application? Beautiful pen.
I did a write-up on melamine and I note somewhere in that thread where I get it State-side...

lefyldepens

I did a write-up on melamine and I note somewhere in that thread where I get it State-side...
I love that melamine gives it still a wood finish rather than a ca plastic. That's my personal preference, I know everyone has different preferences Andy

Top Bottom