Three of my latest laser cut patterns

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ken Wines

Ken Wines

The first one I am calling the Convoluted Tumbling Dice pattern. The sides of the cube in the pattern are pin cushioned. The woods are padauk, walnut maple and cherry. There are 48 inlays in each of the tubes.

IMG_5447.JPG

The second is a leaded glass pattern taken from the pages of a book that was first published in 1615. The woods are padauk, walnut maple and cherry. There are 112 inlays in this one and it was quite tedious assembling the pieces. Patience and persistence are a requirement when you do this type of work.

IMG_5454.JPG

The third pattern is the dovetail grid revisisted. I originally did this pattern in two woods, walnut and maple. The dovetails in the corners were going in the opposite direction. I didn't really like the pattern all that much and introduced another wood, cherry. The direction of the dovetails were inverted. The addition of the third wood also introduced the double helix look to the pattern. There are 68 segments in this pattern.

IMG_5456.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David350

Ken, I see a real problem with your pens, they are so good that they can't be real :) . Seriously, those are awesome...

Top Bottom