Three latest pens...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hendu3270

Hendu3270

Here's three pens a friend of my wife ask me to make for her for a Christmas present for her husband. Her only guidance was one lighter, one darker and one mixed, no acrylics. She said if I needed to do any filling of voids just pick whatever color I thought would look good. Comments welcome.

Sedona in Bocote.
Vetex in Eucalyptus Burl, with red iridescent inlays.
Continental in Claro Walnut Burl, with green iridescent inlays.

Attachments

• Sedona (bocote).jpg
    Sedona (bocote).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 235
  • Vertex (Eucalyptus burl).jpg
    Vertex (Eucalyptus burl).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Continental (claro walnut burl).jpg
    Continental (claro walnut burl).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

very nice pens, though i feel you may want to change the backdrop colour a little? your pens would really stand out in the pictures then and would be easier to view :)

Hendu3270

Thank for the compliments guys. It's much appreciated.

very nice pens, though i feel you may want to change the backdrop colour a little? your pens would really stand out in the pictures then and would be easier to view :)

It's actually in the works already. :good: I recieved an email from a pen turner that sumbled upon my website and said I'm hiding the detail of my pens with my current setup, and needed to think about white. Thanks for the advice! Looking into picking up a photo tent this weekend. (BTW - That tribal pen you made is freakin' awesome!!)

Nice looking pens. What did you use for the "green iridescent inlays"?
It's a product I found at Hobby Lobby a couple of months ago called PearlEX. They only had three colors so I went online and have since ordered a variety pack. I mix it with medium CA to spread it into the voids. This stuff is like graphite powder. Get a little on your finger and try to wipe it off between two fingers and it just spreads.

Top Bottom