W.Y.

Had another little go at box making .
This can become addictive.

3secbox2.jpg

3secbox1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Thanks All for the comments.

I messed up this time on the one barrel hinge (left side) so it is something to watch out for next time . It is just my second time of installing barrel hinges. The hole depth when drilling is very critical on those little hinges. I used a depth guage but in spite of it I messed up. Funny how every little thing like that shows up in a picture while it hardly notices in the hand.

That is nice. Is it flocked?
No it isn't . It is lined with felt .
I have flocking equipment which I used to use when I was making a lot of bandsaw boxes but I found it messy and time consuming.
How about a short tutorial on making this type of box. I really like it thanks!
Paul
That could be time consuming with going through the various stages but might do one if I ever find the time.
That box and a whole lot more can be made from Carole Rothmans latest book called Wooden Boxes From The Scroll Saw . It is available at Amazon.com.
Very nice piece. Did you rout out the compartments or are they cut clear through the center piece on a scroll saw?
Cut through the center piece on the scroll saw before putting the bottom on.
Could you please send that to my wife & say it was from me? That looks great!!!
It's on its way
HeeHee.gif

Divnbrian

Very nicely done. I love the clean simple style best because it shows off the wood.

Another good book on this at Amazon is "Box-Making Projects for the Scroll Saw: 30 Woodworking Projects That Are Surprisingly Easy to Make".

Top Bottom