Thoughts and Prayers Please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbroye

Today mark a change in My wife's and I lives. Our 3 Grandkids ages 15 (twins boy and Girl) and their 17 old brother who have live in Idaho the last 15 years started their Sophomore and Senior year of high school her in Sacrament. Today we also start the process of gaining full legal custody of them. Our son and former Daughter in Law are under the control of Alcohol and he has 1 DUI while she has a DUI and 2 arrest for spousal abuse amongst other things. The kids have been with us since the end of the school year and don't want to live with their parents and have requested being allowed to live with us in California. Time has proven that the change needs to be made permanent and legal so we can take proper care of them and get health insurance for them. What made us decide to get full legal custody was Tuesday when we took them School clothes shopping. When we asked what they needed the said every thing form sox, under ware and regular clothes that fit. They have been abused verbally, emotionally and with the use of physical punishment on par with what the Seal go through in training. So no with my 72 and me 76 next month we start down a path neither of us ever that we would be on. We have a 4 bedroom house that we have to reconfigure from an empty nester house to one to accommodate 3 teenagers. We have no idea what lies ahead but our Christian Faith will carry us through, just like our faith gave us the strength to take this drastic step. Our son is in a recovery program through the VA is out of town for 90 days and X is in Idaho adn when she started giving me crap I explained to her I have her employers contact info and her probation offices contact info and with phone calls she will be out of work and in Jail. She knows I am not bluffing and now that kids are officially registered in school and live her if she show up CPS will be waiting for her. The kids have opened up and told us enough the parent don't want to go to court. I already told my when I confronted him on his drinking and treatment of the kids I would have no problem beating the crap out of both of them. Thanks for letting me rant but my grandkid are more important than life. The did as about getting some pens for school, told them you know where the shop is and how to make them, get to work. I think we can afford it financially but will take some budget adjusting especially the food budget, they can eat. God Bless all

Attachments

• IMG_5600.jpg
    IMG_5600.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Praying for you and your family.

I understand the situation well. My mother-in-law and father-in-law became house parents at their empty nest time - to kids who were orphans and to some whose parents did things like you mentioned. One of the kids grew up, went to college got a degree, then got a law degree and is now the director of the organization that he was in as a kid. He gives my MIL & FIL LOTS of credit. His story of his mom TRYING to commit suicide and a father that he barely knew is a sad one, but he gives credit to the Lord for bringing him and others into the place that my MIL and FIL oversaw.

Most of the kids under my MIL and FIL graduated from college and became great parents in spite of what they went through. Guide them and love on them. It works.

rockb

Hey Tom...you're doing a good thing, saving two lives that would have had a tough go of it. Sending some prayers upward with your name on them and the kids too.

TonyL

Prayers sent, my wife and I founded Al Anon at our church 7 years ago. There is also Al Ateen for kids. Many have found help while their loved ones get help (or not). Al-Anon and our faith saved our lives and marriage. Our son "overcame" addiction, but it is always one day at a time. No guarantees. Much peace and serenity. It is a family disease..it affects everyone.

Woodchipper

Prayers for you and the kids. My wife retired two years ago from preschool work, from teacher to school director. This happens more times than it should.

tbroye

Update

Things are going well. Got school clothes started school and are dealing the the cultural change between Idaho and California. Projects for this weekend getting school supplies and new cell phones and add them to our account. Going out to see their father this afternoon and Rehab facility out in the country. They have no desire to see him or talk to their mother and I will not make do it, will encourage them when are ready. They didn't cause this and they don't have to fix it. Depending on the parents forgivness and reestablishing the relationship may or may not happen. Tonight Sprint Races next week GoodGuys car show. Wife and Granddaughter are doing something girly. Wife loves it she finally as girl to go shopping and doing pedi and mani's with Will be cleaning out Wife's den this next week painting and put boy furniture in there. We can see the changes in them already as the stress level drops and all they have to worry about is making friends at school. Our animals love all the attention. God Bless and thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

Tom

MDWine

PRAYERS UP for you and your family Tom.
Those are great looking kids. As a grandparent, we have a special bond with our g-kids that some folks will never experience. You'll be able to communicate with these kids in a way that most parents don't.

I'm betting that the Lord will lead the way (already has) and you will save the entire family. Love'm and squeeze'm often and the rest will fall into place.

God bless

keithlong

Will be praying for you and your family. God has this and your family. We don't always know his plans, but he knows and takes care of his children. God bless you and your wife for taking care of them. I would do the same for my grands also.

Top Bottom