Thought I'd Share This Weekends 3 Creations:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NewfoundlandLaw

Number 1: 1095 High-Carbon Steel Machete with an Olivewood Handle

IMG_8511.JPG
IMG_8512.JPG
IMG_8514.JPG

Number 2: Nitro-V Stainless Steel Camp and Hunting Knife with Splatted Maple Handle

IMG_8551.JPG
IMG_8556.JPG
IMG_8559.JPG
IMG_8558.JPG

Number 3: Nitro-V Stainless Steel Camp and Hunting Knife

IMG_8561.JPG
IMG_8563.JPG
IMG_8570.JPG
IMG_8566.JPG

"Pen Turning on the Rock"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Now I have no knowledge in this field at all so these questions may sound dumb but thought i would ask anyway. Is there a big call for knives like this and who do you sell them to?? I use to see the infomercial on late night TV around here by a guy selling huge collection of knives and swords and things. These were huge and they looked pretty but just could never wrap my head around them. I know gun collecting is a thing too. But these are a big leap from pens.:) I do like the mosaic pins. Did you make those??

Now I have no knowledge in this field at all so these questions may sound dumb but thought i would ask anyway. Is there a big call for knives like this and who do you sell them to?? I use to see the infomercial on late night TV around here by a guy selling huge collection of knives and swords and things. These were huge and they looked pretty but just could never wrap my head around them. I know gun collecting is a thing too. But these are a big leap from pens.:) I do like the mosaic pins. Did you make those??

There is a big demand for hunting and bush style knives made from high-end steels and even carbon steel. You'd be surprised what some of these knives can cost.

Most outdoorsmen are willing to pay for a good hunting knife they can rely on.

Perfect for the jungles of Newfoundland! ;) Material removal or forged and I'm also curious about whether you bought or made the pins? Thanks.

The Carbon steel are normally forged from round-stock by myself with the help of my power hammer.

The higher end stainless steels usually cannot be forged so they are strictly stock removed.

I'm always split on which I like more. I love hammered bevels, but the market usually wants higher end stainless steels that are difficult if not impossible to forge.

As for the pins, I do make some simpler mosaic pins, but complex ones like you see here are much easier to buy than make. I used to make some complex pins, but it can be a very time consuming task.

Top Bottom