Thought I had more drill bits.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hanau

hanau

Made a stand to try and keep my drill bits together. Gather up what i could find and realized my shop must be eating them.

I am going to have to clean up again and see if I can find the missing ones.

Attachments

• 20170826_204913.jpg
    20170826_204913.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 20170826_205107 (1).jpg
    20170826_205107 (1).jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 20170826_205136 (1).jpg
    20170826_205136 (1).jpg
    178 KB · Views: 194
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

I have a box where I throw the "could be sharper" drill bits. Then the inventory of sharp bits looks like your drill index, it means time for sharpening.

Woodchipper

The best way to find anything is buy one and the lost one will show up. I have two drill bit sets. One is odds and ends I have accumulated over the years. The other is the set of regular and Brad point bits offered by Woodcraft. I think they are on sale now. They come with a nice storage box.

gtriever

The best way to find anything is buy one and the lost one will show up. I have two drill bit sets. One is odds and ends I have accumulated over the years. The other is the set of regular and Brad point bits offered by Woodcraft. I think they are on sale now. They come with a nice storage box.

Only two sets? You must be one of them young whippersnappers... :biggrin:
I have at least four sets, plus a drawer full of odds 'n ends because I keep losing things.

Terredax

Banned
That looks similar to the few we made. It looks like you used acrylic sheet, as we did.

What's nice is, the acrylic sheet comes in so many colors. They have solid, translucent, and even neon colors.
Acrylic paints work well for the engraving.
We purchased some aluminum stand offs to support the upper piece.

One of them we made, had a French cleat so it could be hung on the wall when not being used, and is easily taken down to take it to various machines.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Made a stand to try and keep my drill bits together. Gather up what i could find and realized my shop must be eating them.

I am going to have to clean up again and see if I can find the missing ones.

I had a very similar stand when I was overseas, but to save space in moving back to the States, I wrapped my bits individually and then bagged them. I still have them laying in a drawer. I need to make another stand like that.

Well done.

Marmotjr

I'm assuming the plates are store bought, as He seems to be missing most of the drill bits required to make it....

EDIT: Nope, didn't see page two lol!

Last edited:
Top Bottom