This Pen Asked Me What I Was Looking At!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from henry1164

henry1164

From George's Bits of Timber - #16 Australian Black Wattle on slimline kit. Made four pens with this wood so far and the variety of grain, color, highlights, knot holes, etc., etc. amazed me on each turn. Makes for a fun turn (especially on my $40 micro-mini lathe). This one is looking back at me.....maybe with a little "attitude". I think it's telling me that I now have a new daily carry. Side note - I believe that Australian Black Watte is going to be my submission next year in the pretty wood category.
IMG_4010.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That is one GREAT looking pen !!!!!

Love the grain and the other features !!!!

Thanks for showing !!!

henry1164

Great timber; nicely turned. A very nice pen - like the watchful eyes. What finish did you use?

Dr.D
Thanks for the comment. Finish is 8 coats of StickFast thin, sand finish smooth to 1200 grit then Dr. Kirk's Red/White/Blue and Maguires PlastX.

Reactions: DrD

robutacion

From George's Bits of Timber - #16 Australian Black Wattle on slimline kit. Made four pens with this wood so far and the variety of grain, color, highlights, knot holes, etc., etc. amazed me on each turn. Makes for a fun turn (especially on my $40 micro-mini lathe). This one is looking back at me.....maybe with a little "attitude". I think it's telling me that I now have a new daily carry. Side note - I believe that Australian Black Watte is going to be my submission next year in the pretty wood category.
The wood in question is a very Aussie one with amazing grains and colours, the chatoyance can be impressive. The sapwood of this wood is a beautiful bright yellow, interestingly sapwood and heartwood have the same density/hardness the yellow is only available in the 2 tone blanks.

041_6c4d9982-36e6-4e7d-9601-8029016488c5_1024x1024.jpg047_3a639602-4827-46c4-bfa3-9071d7d3db0b_1024x1024.jpg

Beautiful pen, well done...! đź‘Ť

Cheers
George[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Top Bottom