This makes things easier

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

I borrowed this metal punch from a jeweller friend and it makes short work of cutting out rings.

Attachments

• IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 249
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I made mine the hard way: placing between two sheets of plywood and drilling the holes. That looks MUCH better. I checked Amazon and they run $130 US with not quite enough sizes.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Are the rings used to make clips?
What Alan said:
The rings for separating segments give it a different perspective, AND keeps two different wood/colored segments from bleeding onto one another, which doesn't happen often but does with certain types and colors.

Alan Morrison

What Alan said:
The rings for separating segments give it a different perspective, AND keeps two different wood/colored segments from bleeding onto one another, which doesn't happen often but does with certain types and colors.
Arigato gozaimasu, Hank.
Your picture was a lot better explanation than my words.
Alan

darrin1200

This look like a great clip aid as well. What metals, and thickness, would this work with?
Currently, I'm hand cutting and filing to shape.
I'm working with:
Nickel silver
Bronze
Aluminum
Titanium
Stainless

Alan Morrison

This look like a great clip aid as well. What metals, and thickness, would this work with?
Currently, I'm hand cutting and filing to shape.
I'm working with:
Nickel silver
Bronze
Aluminum
Titanium
Stainless
Darren, I just punched the brass and aluminium sheets that I have currently. They are 0.04mm I believe and punch very easily. What thickness have you got and if I can I will try some?
Before borrowing this I drilled between plywood sheets and reduced the outside with tin snips. This punch is an absolute breeze to use and cuts both the internal and external diameters, which is very handy.
Alan

Top Bottom