This is "Write On" - "The Return of Handwriting"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike Washburg

You use to be able to easily recognize the penmanship of my parents' and grandparents' generations. There was a certain flow and aesthetic quality to it. That started to change long before computers. But the digital age has almost killed it off. Now it's a matter of how quickly you can type or text, and how good your spellcheck program is. So I hope actual handwriting comes back into fashion. If it doesn't, it will feel like society will have lost something. However, I'll admit that I would also like to see it return for selfish reasons too. I turn and sell pens, as well as print and sell greeting cards and blank note cards which incorporate one of my other hobbies - photography. And I don't want to see my stuff go directly from my shop to a museum. (Although that would be cool too.)

Last edited:

WarEagle90

Thanks for sharing this fine article, Mal. Brings back memories of my mentor. He hand wrote notes to someone most every day. Some would be thank you's, some simple reminders, some just to document a conversation, but they were always in a beautiful script. He passed away a few years ago, but I still have many of his notes so I will always have part of him with me. Rest in piece, PaPa Smurf.

Top Bottom