This is My Cathedral Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rtjw

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

This is the blank that Eagle made for me. I spent most of the day praying that I wouldnt mess this pen up. The rest of the day was on the phone with Eagle building up my confidence. I almost decided to just sand it all the way down but he reminded me that I was a pen TURNER not a pen SANDER!

2005112013622_DSC01269.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Excellent, know you will cherish it. Looks like some slight differences from the other, can you do a close up of the cross please

jkoehler

Eagle,

Thank you for your answer. I am very impressed by your foresight. i would love to have your ability to take a vision of the end result and be able to figure out how to put the puzzle together to achieve it.
That is my biggest sumbling block. I have trouble envisioning the starting blank needs to look like in order to make the end product look the way it is supoosed to.

Dario

Great looking pen. I agree with the request for a close-up pic of the "window"

Another one of a kind...hope you keep that one. [;)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Johnny,

Nice work. I am not sure that I could have put a skew to a blank like that. I do know that several changes of trousers would taken place if I had tried to work with it.

I know you will keep and treasure this pen.

PenWorks

The two of you did one fine job. Glad the turning worked out, If it hadn't, you would have been in confession for a year and Eagle would have cut you off. [:D]

ashaw

WoooW, Iam speachless....... Johnny just send the pen to the east coast I will be glad to enlarge it for you[:D]. Both you and Eagle have done a wonderful pen.

M

Mudder

Very nice work Johnny,

I don't blame you for needing to get up the courage to turn that one. Anyone who doubts that Eagle possesses a great amount of talent would need just to look at those two pens.

I tip my hat to both of you.

BigRob777

Johnny,
Very nice work. I know what you mean about hesitating. I can't imagine cutting into something like that. I'd have to get my drill press zeroed in first.
Rob

Rifleman1776

We need a new word for "WOW!" to the tenth power. Eagle, you are a unique individual and artist extraordinare. Johnny, nice work and congratulations on having a part in making something that exquisite and lucky you owning it. If today weren't Sunday, I would be envious. [;)] Not really. Just happy to admire. Could you please post a larger picture? Seeing more detail would be great.

Rifleman1776

I transferred the picture to a photo editing program and enlarged. What I see is mind boggling. Eagle - howdoyoudoit? I can see why Johnny prayed before taking a gouge to this. I want to pray just looking at it.

rtjw

Thanks everyone for the comments. I have that about it alot and have decided that this pen will not be mine for long. I will be giving it to someone special and in turn they will be giving it to someone also. Hopefully this pen will touch many hands and many lives as well.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
If you think I would trust drilling this on my Ryobi DP, you're nuts!
Turned round between centers and drilled in a Beall collet on my JET. Mini.

alamocdc

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />If you think I would trust drilling this on my Ryobi DP, you're nuts!
Now why didn't I think of that?!? [V] I all but ruined a glue-up during drilling this weekend! Thanks, Eagle! [;)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />
Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />If you think I would trust drilling this on my Ryobi DP, you're nuts!
Now why didn't I think of that?!? [V] I all but ruined a glue-up during drilling this weekend! Thanks, Eagle! [;)]

A. If I could afford a scroll chuck that would close down on a 3/4" blank I would use that.
B. Since I don't have one I had to "think outside the box"
It adds another step but is accurate.

alamocdc

I have one... I just didn't think to use it! [B)] I've used it to drill other blanks before, but just didn't think of it in this case! What a dumb@$$! However, turning it between centers first would have still been the way to go with this particular glue-up. Live and learn I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom