This Came Home With Me Yesterday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Interesting figure on Wenge, I've never seen before. Added to my horde. Is there an end to it? Probably not until my end. 🥹

Attachments

• IMG_4013.jpeg
    IMG_4013.jpeg
    423.3 KB · Views: 137
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

Be sure and have a mask on when working with it as the dust is especially toxic.

It splinters easily, also, but I love the look of finished Wenge. It does take a finish well.

It's basically what I use instead of ebony or another type of black wood.

jttheclockman

Oh Ken I have had this same experience many times over the years. How wood just jumps in my truck I do not know. It is a sickness. I have more wood than I will ever be able to use. beautiful boards too. I am a sucker for rosewoods. I believe that is some of the nicest lumber that Mother Nature gives us. Comes in many colors. I do like your taste and you have a good eye for the amazing pieces. Sorry but that just does not have a cure.
Copy of IMGP0543.JPG
Copy of IMGP0536.JPG
IMGP0271.JPG

d_bondi

That figure is crazy. Please do show us pics of something you make with it!

sorcerertd

That is some nice looking grain. I've got some catching up to do with JT. Not that I'm going to try, but these boards keep jumping out at me. 😬 The curly maple and bloodwood got me not too long ago, and then I fell prey to that same trap again recently. I was able to resist the live edge Bocote (mainly budget constraints), but did get a nice board anyway. I love the crazy marbled look along the edges. This Padauk had nice grain to it, so why not? Klingspoor's had just gotten in a large load of of really nice lumber. I did well only leaving with these and that short cut of spalted Zebra that I posted the other day.

bocote1.jpgbocote2.jpgbocote3.jpgpadauk1.jpgpadauk2.jpgpadauk3.jpg

jrista

Oh Ken I have had this same experience many times over the years. How wood just jumps in my truck I do not know. It is a sickness. I have more wood than I will ever be able to use. beautiful boards too. I am a sucker for rosewoods. I believe that is some of the nicest lumber that Mother Nature gives us. Comes in many colors. I do like your taste and you have a good eye for the amazing pieces. Sorry but that just does not have a cure.
View attachment 363658View attachment 363657View attachment 363660
Phew!! You've got a few years on me there!! I've got a collection going, but it probably isn't even half of just one of your stacks. :p

I tell ya, though...buying wood, IS a disease. Every time I find a board or blank with nice grain, I just can't seem to resist. I usually even come up with half a dozen possible projects for said board at the time, too. I've got this 9 foot long piece of beautiful peruvian walnut that I bought almost two years ago now. Its a big, fat, wide board that I figured could be used for a number of things. I have only done one of them so far. :p I've got clocks, boxes, and even pens to make out of it. And that's just one board... Ten years from now, my home will undoubtedly look like yours! 🤣

jttheclockman

Phew!! You've got a few years on me there!! I've got a collection going, but it probably isn't even half of just one of your stacks. :p

I tell ya, though...buying wood, IS a disease. Every time I find a board or blank with nice grain, I just can't seem to resist. I usually even come up with half a dozen possible projects for said board at the time, too. I've got this 9 foot long piece of beautiful peruvian walnut that I bought almost two years ago now. Its a big, fat, wide board that I figured could be used for a number of things. I have only done one of them so far. :p I've got clocks, boxes, and even pens to make out of it. And that's just one board... Ten years from now, my home will undoubtedly look like yours! 🤣
I mentioned this before but it was this time of the year every year that I would have to hide the credit cards because my favorite lumber yard ran a sale on Black Friday and that Sat. every year and his discount on exotics and domestics was well worth the trip. he would stock up just for that sale and he had connections of getting some pretty exotic woods. I use to see him at woodworking shows also. Since his lumber yard burnt down and he never reopened it has saved me alot of money. I have taken over the game room for supplies now and my pool table has not seen the light of day for a long time. I am sure my game has failed me by now. The other thing is my shows have not come back so my scrolling has stopped also. Maybe one day I will have a blowout sale to unload it all but just not ready for that.

Top Bottom