Third and fourth in a series of four

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

First in the series is here
Second is here

The inspiration for the third block was... bell pepper display at the supermarket 😅

XC3Y7734.jpg XC3Y7737.jpg

XC3Y7741.jpg XC3Y7742.jpg

And colors for the fourth block were selected for a tropical rainforest mood

XC3Y7722.jpg XC3Y7725.jpg

XC3Y7729.jpg XC3Y7730.jpg

C&C welcome
Going back to clean the crevises a bit better for these two...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

All four are really nice. I think I like the green one best. I also wonder if there are kits which allow you to knock out the existing "bling" instead of having to hope the blingless version is available. The rings and finial can be replaced on a number of kits, but the clip is another story. Anyway, well done Fred.

Fred Bruche

All four are really nice. I think I like the green one best. I also wonder if there are kits which allow you to knock out the existing "bling" instead of having to hope the blingless version is available. The rings and finial can be replaced on a number of kits, but the clip is another story. Anyway, well done Fred.
Thanks Steve! I haven't fully searched all that is available but most rollerball/fountain pen kits with wide accent rings tend to be the higher-priced ones, and they also tend to have accented clips. Not sure I want to start popping off accents from these, pretty sure they use strong glues to keep them in place 😅
The kits that I am aware of with replaceable accents are the Mistral from Beaufort Ink and the Olmsted ballpoint from Berea, but only rings and finial.

SteveJ

The kits that I am aware of with replaceable accents are the Mistral from Beaufort Ink and the Olmsted ballpoint from Berea, but only rings and finial.
I've replaced the accents on the Olmsted (I think either you or Mark James showed one which caused me to try it). I've never made a metal clip, but I'm thinking that perhaps one could be fashioned to accept a similar accent as on the blingless. I once tried grinding out a slot in an old slimline clip with no success. I guess it is something I can work on in retirement!

Top Bottom