Thin Blue Line

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Csteck00

Csteck00

I turned this for a local Police Officer. I used a Thin Blue Line Acrylic Blank from Woodcraft....lasered in his name and badge number and then filled with a silver acrylic paint. The kit is the EDC Click Pen from Penn State in a burnished Bronze.

Attachments

• IMG_2722.jpeg
    IMG_2722.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2723.jpeg
    IMG_2723.jpeg
    416.1 KB · Views: 118
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Csteck00

Nice work !
Which brand laser did you use ? I'm thinking about buying one. Thanks
Good Morning Bullwinkle,
I have been engraving pens for a couple of years now. I started small with a NEJE and then graduated to an ORION (Chinese made Generic) 40 watt laser and have now moved up to a Glowforge. I tell you all of this to say that I am not an engineer by any sorts and I was looking for something that was Mac compatible. I want to spend as little time as possible learning a graphic design program and more time turning custom pens. The Glowforge has been my answer and has allowed me to up my engraving game significantly. When you look at the price, they ain't cheap. But they are a solid choice for our line of work. If you are interested, I can give you a link (as a GF owner I am provided a referral link from GF that I can share) that will provide you with a discount. Even if you don't want the link, I am happy to share with you in greater detail my research and some of my project results. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have.

best regards,
Chris

BULLWINKLE

T
Good Morning Bullwinkle,
I have been engraving pens for a couple of years now. I started small with a NEJE and then graduated to an ORION (Chinese made Generic) 40 watt laser and have now moved up to a Glowforge. I tell you all of this to say that I am not an engineer by any sorts and I was looking for something that was Mac compatible. I want to spend as little time as possible learning a graphic design program and more time turning custom pens. The Glowforge has been my answer and has allowed me to up my engraving game significantly. When you look at the price, they ain't cheap. But they are a solid choice for our line of work. If you are interested, I can give you a link (as a GF owner I am provided a referral link from GF that I can share) that will provide you with a discount. Even if you don't want the link, I am happy to share with you in greater detail my research and some of my project results. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have.

best regards,
Chris
Thank you for the info Chris. I been thinking about getting one for a long time. I do use a Mac as I hate Windows. I agree with your not wanting to use a design program as learning them is a lengthy process. I tried GIMP, a free and very powerful image program but the learning curve is ridiculous. You can send me the link so if I decide to get one, I'll know which one to get. Thanks

Csteck00

T

Thank you for the info Chris. I been thinking about getting one for a long time. I do use a Mac as I hate Windows. I agree with your not wanting to use a design program as learning them is a lengthy process. I tried GIMP, a free and very powerful image program but the learning curve is ridiculous. You can send me the link so if I decide to get one, I'll know which one to get. Thanks
I too have used GIMP...and you are dead on...the learning curve is pretty steep. The Glowforge has a fairly good set of tools to use for image manipulation that is built into the software. For me the real selling point was the web based software that plays really nicely with my Mac, along with the camera over the bed that allows you to drag and drop images directly on whatever you are burning. Here is the discount code...feel free to use if you want. https://glowforge.us/f/LCOQXWGI.

If you have any other questions or want more info, just drop me a private message.

Chris

Hippie3180

Really neat pen I like those EDC's. I'm sure it's very meaningful to have his name and badge # as well. Very cool!!

Woodchipper

Nice. I know several retired LEOs. Did you do the laser engraving yourself or someone else do it? I thought of checking with the local trophy shop to see if they could some something round and small.

Top Bottom