They really sell these..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodfreak

I kind of laughed when I seen this, mostly because of the poor translation of the product description. And it can be converted to a table saw. LOL, a segmenters dream. https://shopnorthforge.com/products/projectpartner

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
It never ceases to amaze me. They advertise it as a mini lathe. As all us woodturners know, you can turn small stuff with a large lathe, but you can't turn large stuff on a small lathe. On the subject of table saws, I have just got into segmenting, and for Xmas, I treated myself to a "Proxxon FET" precision mini table saw. Expensive, but top quality.

TonyL

ebill

It may be designed for model builders (balusters on ship railings, legs on doll house chairs, nozzles on tanks, etc.)

- I watched an old antique show on BBC and one of the guys was a horologist <watch/clock maker>. He used a similar tiny lathe for small brass watch parts, bushings and the like. It seemed more than adequate for his needs in turning small parts at slower speeds.

- ebill > don't know that I would chuck up a pc of acrylic on it though <g>

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Haha.........I must be in the minority here........yes, it's a toy, and probably not a very good one....BUT, if they sold them here, I'd probably buy one just for fun and to make it into something else... ;)

henry1164

Have to wonder about the seller with a review (a week ago?) like this! Not sure I could give five stars if I'm still waiting eight months without the order being received!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 13.53.35.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 13.53.35.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 198
Top Bottom