The Woodturning Store Cigar Pencil kit - not 0.9mm leads?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bigolac

I've ordered a few kits from the Woodturning Store:

https://www.thewoodturningstore.com/legacy-cigar-pencil-chrome/

The listing says the mechanism uses a 0.9mm lead, which is what I want. Unfortunately, I can't get my personal 0.9 leads to fit in the mechanism - feels like it was meant for 0.7mm lead. My own leads work fine in my Pentel P209 plastic bodied pencil, but not with the kit. The diameter of the chrome tip fits the 0.9 lead fine, but it won't engage the mechanism (feels like it uses friction to hold the lead in place).

I've sent an email to them describing my issue - anyone else have similar issues with this kit? Maybe I'm missing something simple.

If it's a misprint and uses 0.7 leads, anyone have a recommendation for either a 0.9mm or 1.3mm pencil mechanism? I much prefer 0.9 or 1.3mm for my mechanical pencils (I've got a heavy hand).

Bigolac

Received an update from the Woodturning store:

"I checked with the manufacturer and it seems like now they are supplying that kit with .7 millimeter lead."

They did offer me a full refund, and will change the description at their website.

Too bad, because I do like the look of the pencil, just wish it used .9mm lead....

Top Bottom