The Ugly Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

My third picture of Chuckie or IT didn't come through so here he is in all his glory.

(See Entry above, picture has been added - Scott)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Squirrely!!!

Introducing our next entry. He says it looks squirrely, I think it's just nasty! Good Job!

User Name: Dudley Young

Pen Name : Squirrely!!!

Pen Story : Some acorns fell on my lathe and wouldn't go away.

e502.jpg

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I dont think I could produce a pen as ugly as most of these if I tried.. And dead butterflys dont cry. They are just to crispy to care.

tdjumr

Good thing Buzzzz4 won in the superbowl pool. Now he can use real materials to make pens out of. No more ugliness from him allowed.

Now here is a really hideous thing from our friend Buzzzz4. It's a good thing this is his second entry, because they're just getting worse!

User Name: Buzzzz4

Pen Name : Big Top Click

Pen Story : So my daughter comes up carrying this doll from my childhood and asks, "daddy is this ugly enough for your pen"? I collected clowns as a child, and was given this doll from my grandmother. It reminded me so much of the clown from IT that I couldn't look too long at it. Now he will reside on a CSUSA clicker forever. I present to you Big Top Click.

5ad7.jpg

Scott

PC Disaster

Here's a nasty looking mess for our next entry. It kind of makes my eyes hurt!

User Name: usafvet98

Pen Name : PC Disaster

Pen Story : I ordered some canes from Toni to try Polymer Clay pens and while it looked easy, it wasn't. Had everything sliced and rolled on the barrel and placed in a toaster oven I purchased just for this. According to the directions on the clay it says 250F for 25-30 minutes. After 5 minutes the shop filled with smoke and bamm! We have a "PC Disaster"!

adf4.jpg

b9cb.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

To-fi

Now this one is literally enough to make most of you retch! A real contender if you ask me!

User Name: sparhawk

Pen Name : To-fi

Pen Story : This is a chrome Carbera i made for people who bite their nails. The blank is made from toenails and fingernails(hence the To-Fi) and skin sandings (which you can't really see but provide the roughness in the finish around the nails). Now you can nibble on your pen and leave your fingernails to grow to a nice smooth finish. It has 10 coats of clear gloss acrylic enamel but you can still chew right through that and since it will taste bad this will help you break the nail nibbling habit.

a33a.jpg

796d.jpg

Last edited:

Drstrangefart

Now this one is literally enough to make most of you retch! A real contender if you ask me!

Pen Story : This is a chrome Carbera i made for people who bite their nails. The blank is made from toenails and fingernails(hence the To-Fi) and skin sandings (which you can't really see but provide the roughness in the finish around the nails). Now you can nibble on your pen and leave your fingernails to grow to a nice smooth finish. It has 10 coats of clear gloss acrylic enamel but you can still chew right through that and since it will taste bad this will help you break the nail nibbling habit.

That's a pretty skanky pen. I hope it is encased in concrete and buried and then has a concrete slab poured over it once the contest is finished.

Scott

That's a pretty skanky pen. I hope it is encased in concrete and buried and then has a concrete slab poured over it once the contest is finished.

I thought it would be kind of cool if he used a little fingernail polish of different colors on it! :wink:

Scott.

Drstrangefart

I thought it would be kind of cool if he used a little fingernail polish of different colors on it! :wink:

Scott.

What a dirty, dirty masochistic thing to say. The nerve of some people.... Jeez....:biggrin:

sparhawk

Scott i may do that then cast it in clear pr. Just in case some one wants one without the benefit of the nail biting therapy. I almost cast it to start with but i was afraid it would take away the full nail feeling experience.

Buzzzz4

sparhawk said:
Scott i may do that then cast it in clear pr. Just in case some one wants one without the benefit of the nail biting therapy. I almost cast it to start with but i was afraid it would take away the full nail feeling experience.

I'll bite. I think you nailed it.

bensoelberg

I'd like to know what poor Buddha did to deserve his abuse. Can you imagine being forced to hold that thing?

Scott

Anal Beads

And here is our final entry! And a good thing too, because this one about did me in.

User Name: scrollsawwoodart

Pen Name : Anal Beads

Pen Story : One of the first pens I even turned with a few curves to it, trying to get away from the straight lines on the normal slimline. Took what I thought was a neat pen to work to show it off. One of my female co-workers started to giggle a little so I asked what. Then she proceeded to tell me it reminded her of her anal beads. Lesson learned: stay away from curves and make sure I never high five this co-worker!

33b6.jpg

Scott

THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!

Please feel free to continue to post comments here, but the entry phase of this contest is now over. Sorry! I tried to encourage you all to drag out those Ugly Pens and get them entered. I know you have them! ;-)

I am putting together the voting poll for the Ugly Pen Contest and it will be up soon. Please visit it and vote, and then leave a comment or two.

Scott.

I still have shivers and shakes everytime I see the pic of this pen.

One thing I did not say about the pen was This lady has not been the same around me since.

Needless to say I have stayed away from coves and showing them at work. Do not need to know anymore!!!

Jesse

I'm starting to think (hope) maybe she was talking about soap:biggrin:

Can anyone give me a good way of asking her. other than asking her to show me them. EWWWWWWW I just threw up in my mouth alittle:bulgy-eyes:

This is just starting to get disgusting! Just how we all like it. Love this place.

THarvey

I missed the contest this year. First year I have not had at least one entry. (Guess I didn't make any ugly pens this year.) :biggrin:

Truth is, I could not think of anything to top my Phluster Pheasent from last year. :bulgy-eyes:

There are some great looking ugly pens in this year's competition. Good luck to everyone.

Toni

Pen Story : I ordered some canes from Toni to try Polymer Clay pens and while it looked easy, it wasn't. Had everything sliced and rolled on the barrel and placed in a toaster oven I purchased just for this. According to the directions on the clay it says 250F for 25-30 minutes. After 5 minutes the shop filled with smoke and bamm! We have a "PC Disaster"!

adf4.jpg

b9cb.jpg

O M G ! LOL That is really ugly my poor canes:eek::eek:

Buzzzz4

O M G ! LOL That is really ugly my poor canes:eek::eek:

She knows now! Now you're going to get it! Good things she likes you guys otherwise I would be sleeping with one eye open.

broitblat

I'm embarassed to say...

I meant to do this.

(Edit: Oops, I didn't realize the contest was over -- I could have saved the kit ;-)

The question is, how far do you go to create ugly? I figured, once I created an ugly blank, I might as well go for an ugly shape, too :)

-Barry

Top Bottom