The show must go on!! And it DID!! MPG2023

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As many of you know, I send a weekly email each Sunday to those who subscribe through Exotic Blanks. This week the topic is the success of the MPG, which took place Friday and Saturday. I took 100 pictures, so I am filtering through them now. Some of those will be posted later. For the moment, I wanted to let you all know the event was a complete success---just over 300 folks attended--all the demonstrations went off without a hitch and as Mark Dreyer always asks, "Are we having FUN??" The universal answer was YES, we are!!!

The first pic is Mark Dreyer and JohnU. Along with Donna Dreyer they formulate the backbone that supports this LARGE event!!!

"Click on" the picture!!! JohnU will magically APPEAR!!

Second is IAP member AlphaGeek--His presentation on 3D printing got LOTS of questions--Dean handled them all in language even I could understand!!

Room had about 250 chairs, when it came to drawing raffle tickets, the room was SRO!!!

Attachments

• mark-john.jpg
    mark-john.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Alphageek 3D printing.jpg
    Alphageek 3D printing.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 121
  • crowd.jpg
    crowd.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cozee

Success, awesome, great, outstanding are the main words that come to mind. Mark, Donna, John, Ed, and the rest of the crew that worked behind the scenes did a fantastic job. My hat is forever off to Mark. He is not only a great turner, but leader and teacher as well. Rich Coers and I was talking Saturday about where the MPG started to what is has become today. For me, it was an overwhelming gathering, seeing Mark's heart for this event and the drive of Donna and John standing along side him. I will be honest, at times talking to them, this big ol' burly guy was brought to tears. Mark was right when he reminded me of something I said after the 2019 event, that attending is like watching one of my children grow. When one's heart is invested in something like this, it will always be a part you. Thank you Mark for getting me to finally realize this. I truly believe the MPG is in great hands and I hope it will continue. I know going forward, I will do what I can to see that it does.

Lastly, I want to thank all of those in attendance. The MPG started with the equipping of the attendees and it still carries that torch today. It is the desire of you, the attendees to absorb the knowledge presented the demonstrators and draw even more from them. I greatly enjoyed walking around "eavesdropping", hearing you all comparing notes on things you learned.

It was a great start to my birthday weekend!

Here's to 2024!

bugradx2

Agreed! It was my first time attending an MPG and it was very educational and great chance to be able to put faces to screen names! It's a great show.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Just like the last several that I've been at, it was a great show. The personal interactions with people, new friends and old were the highlights for me. I had no idea Ed snapped a picture during my demo and have even LESS idea what I was gesturing about in it!

Top Bottom