The saga ends

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
A couple of weeks back I posted a thread here about my wood chipper that was stuck. Well, we got her fixed yesterday but it took some time and a lot of effort (and so not nice words). Here's what it took shown in the photos which does not include the hundreds of other tools we used. We were just about ready to get the thing loaded on the trailer when my daughter commented she knew where a big cheater pipe was. My wife and daughter took the UTV down to the wood lot and brought it back, stuck it on the end of a 16" pipe wrench and after a bit of coaxing the pieces final broke loose and came out. Take a look at the pipe wrench, the handle used to be straight. The pieces of wood were compressed to maybe 3/8" thick.
Thanks to all who offered suggestions as most were used except the one about using fire and dynamite, but I was tempted.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200718134604728_COVER.jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20200718134548264_COVER.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Lost a 45" cherry tree on the property line a week ago. Since the bulk of it took up the Chiropractor's parking lot next door he called in a company to cut it up on Sunday. They had a chipper that didn't slow down on anything under 6". Seemed like a waste of a lot of wood, but he was in a hurry.

Charlie_W

I'm assuming you meant 45' not 45"? Unless that was the diameter?
Lost a 45" cherry tree on the property line a week ago. Since the bulk of it took up the Chiropractor's parking lot next door he called in a company to cut it up on Sunday. They had a chipper that didn't slow down on anything under 6". Seemed like a waste of a lot of wood, but he was in a hurry.

Those cherry chips from the chipper would be great for the smoker and some ribs!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Last time I used a "cheater pipe" was on a 2" drain pipe, I popped my back big time. Later I discovered it was soldered into the other drain pipes about 12" underground and had been that was for about 65 years.

As a youngster on a farm, I used cheater pipes often!

Glad you got t fixed. Thank your daughter for know were to find it quickly!

MRDucks2

45" was the diameter. It was +\- 65' tall. I believe it is one of the larger cherry trees I have ever seen.

45" was the diameter. It was +\- 65' tall. I believe it is one of the larger cherry trees I have ever seen.

To bad someone with a wood mill didn't stop in and grab some of it before it became chips. If I was closer I sure would have tried. My wood mill can handle up to a 26" width so maybe a limb would have been better.

MRDucks2

To bad someone with a wood mill didn't stop in and grab some of it before it became chips. If I was closer I sure would have tried. My wood mill can handle up to a 26" width so maybe a limb would have been better.
He tried calling 3 or 4 people he knew who were either into lumber or mills and couldn't get a hold of anyone.

Top Bottom