The purple one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

Another weekend with spare time for experimenting with kitless fountain pens. The small differences compared to my last attempt is the body to cap threads made from ebonite, not perfect but it looks more polished than the threads I can cut in LD resin. C&C welcome.

Attachments

• Purple-FP1.jpg
    Purple-FP1.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 253
  • Purple-FP2.jpg
    Purple-FP2.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Purple-FP3.jpg
    Purple-FP3.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 238
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

Thanks Danny!
I made that blank using liquid diamond resin and alcohol ink + mica powders for coloring. I should start taking notes, I believe I used 3 (4?) made-up colors in the blue/purple range, going with the idea of analogous color harmony. These blanks aren't too difficult to make, I didn't use a pressure pot, it's mostly about getting a hang on when to pour into the mold.

That is just about perfect! I REALLY like the blank used. Your's? Or would you mind sharing the source?

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

TonyL

Very nice. One day, I hope to make something half as beautiful. I notice the cap threads on to the section; I like that!

magpens

WOW ! . Beautiful blank and pen !!!

Please tell us what threads, and the overall dimensions

Also, the I.D. and depth of the cavities in both body and cap. I would like to try to copy this design which has same O.D. for cap/body.

That is a lovely design !!

Last edited:

Fred Bruche

WOW ! . Beautiful blank and pen !!!

Please tell us what threads, and the overall dimensions

Also, the I.D. and depth of the cavities in both body and cap. I would like to try to copy this design which has same O.D. for cap/body.

That is a lovely design !!

Here's what I have written down (+/- a few smidgeons for some dimensions)

- Cap total length is 67mm, drilled 3/8 for 63mm, 15/32 for 39mm, 31/64 for 9mm. Threads are M13x0.8 triple start. Top diameter 13mm, bottom diameter 15mm.

- Body total length is 75mm, drilled 3/8 for 68mm and 27/64 for 10mm (overall could be shortened by a few mm). Same diameters for top and bottom as the cap. Glued (thick CA) to the body is a small piece made from ebonite that has the M13x0.8 triple start threads and a 10mm 27/64 tenon to insert in the body. Inside threads are M10x1 to match the section.

- Section total length is 33mm. The back is made first with a 7.5mm long tenon threaded M10x1, drilled 9/32 for 12mm. After reverting, the front is drilled 11/32 for 1.5mm, 19/64 for 12 mm and 9/32 to finish through. Then threaded with the jowo#6 tap. Section diameters are 11.2mm at the nib side and 11.5mm at the body side.

(now if I lose my writings I know where to come back to find everything! Not that I ever lose this kind of information... :rolleyes:)

Thanks y'all for the encouraging comments!

magpens

Fred,

Thanks ever so much for these complete details ! . I now have a very good picture in my mind, I think. . I am now sketching some diagrams.

2 Q's ... the19/64" drilling in the section ... is that 12mm long from the nib end ? ... or 12mm long after the 1.5mm long 11/32" drill ?

I assume that 19/64" was chosen to match the Jowo #6 tap which I note as 7.4mm x 0.5. (Hmm ... I may have another Q ... later)

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom