The Perfect Pink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KiltedGunn

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
I had a lady request a breast cancer pink pen engraved with her name, but it had to be the "right" pink. I told her I had the "perfect" pink...and after turning the piece of pink water wipe that Bruce had sent me, I still believed it.

Until, that is, I went to have it engraved! Apparently, laser engravers come with a very severe warning about not turning PVC...little things like "toxic fumes" and "may ruin lens" and "voids warranty".

Oh well, it turned out pretty on a satin nickle Elegant Beauty...but I guess I'll keep searching for the perfect pink for this order! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Pink Water Pipe Elegant Beauty.JPG
    Pink Water Pipe Elegant Beauty.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 354
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

artistwood

if all else fails, exotic blanks has a "perfect pink" look under handmade resins, single color pearls. very cool looking stuff..........bear

jdoug5170

I have not tried PVC yet, but I have had great success in sublimation printing to P/R blanks that I pour myself. If PVC has any amount of polyester in it, it will work! For me, it saves me the postage to send pen blanks off to laser engravers...I save that for the higher end, "special" pens.

Doug

jdoug5170

Lee....LOL Sorta thought I met get at least on of those on this site.

Short answer....sublimation is a heat transfer process that uses special inks, special transfer paper and patience with the limited of qualified printers out there. What happens is the ink converts to a gas which under the pressure of a heat press (most of the time) interlinks with the polyester fibers. Cool thing for this process is you can not feel it on the pen like some decals applications and you don't have to put finish over it. Bad thing, not nearly as cool as laser or mechanical engraving as we have seen here. Oh ya, and we can do full 4 color, but all sublimation needs to be on the lighter colors...when I find my camera card, I'll post a pic or two.

Doug

Top Bottom