The Passing of Gawdelpus John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jttheclockman

Passing of pen maker Gawdelpus John
I'm so sorry to advise our "Gawdelpus" John passed away suddenly today of a massive heart attack. Wow, I was only speaking to him at Tamborne markets yesterday. All those that knew him would be well aware of his generosity to help others. He has helped me on endless occasions, not just on pens, but on my house and life in general. I will certainly miss him and I'm sure will too.
I'm heading over there tomorrow to see what I can do for Shontara his wife.
I will update you on arrangements as they are decided
Neil

I just read this on the Aussie site minutes ago and thought i would pass it along here as well because John was a member here as well. he was a talented pen maker and well liked. He was a true gentleman and someone who cared and was willing to share anything. He and I emailed and PMed many times. I remembered sending quite a bit of my braiding material and other blank material that he could not get but was enjoying. He returned the favor and we shared info all the time. This is truely a shock. He will be missed for sure. May you Rest in Peace John. Life is too short.

John T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Wow!!, he surely will be missed here also. Just remained me that life is to short for petty squabbles.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Holey, John was my first pen swap partner in 2008, shortly after I joined IAP.

John used VOIP to talk as we did often over the years.

I don't visit the Aussie forum often anymore. I guess that's where you got the news, JT?

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I wonder how many here know how to say his name?

It's quite a lengthy tale, but it ends with "God help us" hence (gawdelpus)!:biggrin:

alankulwicki7

Wow, that is too bad!
John and I were partners in my first PITH. I received a beautiful copper braided pen from him and some great Aussie blanks.
My prayers go out to his family and friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom