The ones I didn’t enter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Here are pens that I made while the bash was going on, possible entries in the segmented pen contest. These are the ones that I didn't enter. The ebony and holly one was going to be my choice, but after I made it, JT posted a pen he had made that was an extremely close design. It kind of blew my mind because I had never seen that picture before, unless it was in my subconscious somewhere.
IMG_1536.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

@KenB259

Very nice work, Ken !!! . No wonder you got a prize !! ( ... not to mention that I helped by voting !)

I recognize the third pen (right side of pic) as a PSI Stratus (I think, or maybe a Knurl), but what are the other two kits on the left ?

I think your winning entry was that same kit.

KenB259

@KenB259

Very nice work, Ken !!! . No wonder you got a prize !! ( ... not to mention that I helped by voting !)

I recognize the third pen (right side of pic) as a PSI Stratus (I think, or maybe a Knurl), but what are the other two kits on the left ?

I think your winning entry was that same kit.

The one on the right is a GT Knurl and the other two are Cameron's , the same as my entry.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Here are pens that I made while the bash was going on, possible entries in the segmented pen contest. These are the ones that I didn't enter. The ebony and holly one was going to be my choice, but after I made it, JT posted a pen he had made that was an extremely close design. It kind of blew my mind because I had never seen that picture before, unless it was in my subconscious somewhere. View attachment 234004

Each is superb, and I like the middle the best. For those that may not notice, the inlay on the pen on the right is cantered off center from top-bottom - as planned! WOW! Sweet... Not easy. 🤪

However, I'll also agree with many, your entry was exceptional, and the best of the lot! JMO. The precision for the rings and the dots is a chore, but from the pictures above and your entry - you have the technique down pat. Time to vary a few elements and be creative (you, not me).

KenB259

Each is superb, and I like the middle the best. For those that may not notice, the inlay on the pen on the right is cantered off center from top-bottom - as planned! WOW! Sweet... Not easy. 🤪

However, I'll also agree with many, your entry was exceptional, and the best of the lot! JMO. The precision for the rings and the dots is a chore, but from the pictures above and your entry - you have the technique down pat. Time to vary a few elements and be creative (you, not me).

Thanks Mark for the kind words. Yes always thinking of new ways to combine elements, that's the hole you go down when you start segmenting. Trying new designs is the part I really like though, and building new jigs that help you be successful. I should have mentioned the pen on the left is holly with turquoise acrylic accent rings and aluminum dots.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom