The official MY BASH STUFF!! thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

GotARock.jpg

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I was a Day 4 Trivia Contest winner and got this awesome flat-top tool rest from Rick Herrel (rherrel). I also took advantage of Rick's 20% Bash Discount and ordered one of his offset sanding jigs & a couple of his pin chucks.

This was my first encounter with Rick's products. I've read a lot about them here on IAP but had never seen any first-hand. His work is amazing and his prices are very reasonable. The tool rest is so smooth & shiny, I almost hate to scratch it up.

Thanks Rick! :)

Attachments

• IMG_4251.JPG
    IMG_4251.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_4253.JPG
    IMG_4253.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 283

Mr Vic

1st Place is always the Goal, BUT!!!!

Sarah! You Rock!

Sarah (DWulf) may be new to pan making but she has impeccable taste in blank selection. I've made a lot of pens but have never seen some of these woods. Simply awsome prize. A big, no a huge thank you goes out to Sarah. :highfive:

Attachments

• Prize-01c.jpg
    Prize-01c.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 413
  • Prize-02c.jpg
    Prize-02c.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 367

Cmiles1985

A sweet mug, an excellent box of blanks from firewhatfire, a $30 credit to Classic Nib, several tool posts/rests, a sanding jig and a dedicated dial gauge post from Rick (rherrel), 2 gallons of alumilite and a Smitty's Club membership. I've also bought chingos of pen kits via Smitty's pre-prods and CSUSA group buy. Not BASH related also are a 1221VS, new MT2 tooling, a vacuum pump and paint pot and all needed fittings to make pres/vac pot. I received a little bonus in the form of Amazon gift cards, so I bought some Novus plastic polish, twenty legacy pen kits, an Easy Start carbide chisel from EWT. I'm sure that, like my bank account now, I'm missing something. Anyhow, I better get busy making some pens!

Airbear77

A sweet mug, an excellent box of blanks from firewhatfire, a $30 credit to Classic Nib, several tool posts/rests, a sanding jig and a dedicated dial gauge post from Rick (rherrel), 2 gallons of alumilite and a Smitty's Club membership. I've also bought chingos of pen kits via Smitty's pre-prods and CSUSA group buy. Not BASH related also are a 1221VS, new MT2 tooling, a vacuum pump and paint pot and all needed fittings to make pres/vac pot. I received a little bonus in the form of Amazon gift cards, so I bought some Novus plastic polish, twenty legacy pen kits, an Easy Start carbide chisel from EWT. I'm sure that, like my bank account now, I'm missing something. Anyhow, I better get busy making some pens!

The 1221 vs is my next purchase. I am jealous...... - Aaron

DWulf

Sarah! You Rock!

Sarah (DWulf) may be new to pan making but she has impeccable taste in blank selection. I've made a lot of pens but have never seen some of these woods. Simply awsome prize. A big, no a huge thank you goes out to Sarah. :highfive:

Glad you like them, Vic! I went a bit overboard on blanks when I first got interested in pen turning - I figure I have lots of things to look forward to when my skill level is up to it :biggrin: Glad I got some in there you'd never seen!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I won a box of blanks from Ed (edohmann) from the Daily Trivia contest. Lots of woods that I don't have - really looking forward to turning them! Hopefully have time this week to try a couple. Thanks again, Ed!

You are very welcome, Sarah. I had fun trying to select some interesting blanks and also some that you might not yet have. I'm glad that I at least partially succeeded in that effort. Looking forward to seeing what you make out of some of them.

Ed

kovalcik

I won a $25 Woodturningz gift certificate. Have not received it yet, but will probably spend it on some bolt action kits to replenish my stock.

walshjp17

CCC: Craft Coat from CrashMPH (Michael Hardin) & Certificate from IAP (awaiting delivery of both)

Match the Shop: Blanks from edohmann (Edgar Dohmann) & Gift Certificate from Lee Valley (see below)

Daily Trivia: Gift Certificate from Old Fox Blanks (awaiting delivery)

My thanks to everyone for donating these wonderful prizes. You are all most generous.:good::good::good::good::good:

Attachments

• ED Blanks.JPG
    ED Blanks.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 206
  • LV Gift Card.jpg
    LV Gift Card.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
CCC: Craft Coat from CrashMPH (Michael Hardin) & Certificate from IAP (awaiting delivery of both)

Match the Shop: Blanks from edohmann (Edgar Dohmann) & Gift Certificate from Lee Valley (see below)

Daily Trivia: Gift Certificate from Old Fox Blanks (awaiting delivery)

My thanks to everyone for donating these wonderful prizes. You are all most generous.:good::good::good::good::good:

My pleasure, John. Glad to be able to give something back to the community. Let me know if you can figure out those mystery woods - I've got a few more of those pieces in my stash.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Sure are a lot of prizes from edohmann - well done, Ed!

Now where's my kickback for drawing attention to your generousity? :)

It's in the mail :biggrin:

Everyone here is so friendly & welcoming and I have learned an incredible amount from all the postings & library articles in my first year here. My stash isn't as large, and may not have as many burls & spalts as many of you; but I have been richly blessed in so many ways, I figure the least I can do is to share a bit of what I do have. Besides, it's just doggone fun trying to pick out some blanks that I think someone might enjoy having.

Edgar

Bob Wemm

Boo Hoo, I'm still sitting on the loser train, except for the wonderful Managers Mug that I got at auction.
Hey Jeff, wink, wink, I wouldn't mind the Cactus Stabilising set from Curtis, in the Drawing. I would be most happy to pay the postage to here.

Bob.

Edward Cypher

Great BASH!!!

My scores from the BASH, I won a trivia and a wood ID, plus took advantage of the awesome Vendors here:). My last item came in today a gallon of Cactus Juice:). A big thanks to all the people who run the BASH and all the Vendors. Next year I will be entering some of the pen contest as well as photo contest :biggrin: and hopefully will win something on the donation contest, those prizes were awesome but I rode the looser train on that one:frown:.

Bash Score.jpg

BASH Vendor 2.jpg

BASH Vendors.jpg

Busy with new jaws and blanks.jpg

New Jaws Having Fun with them.jpg

Mason Kuettel

Daily Trivia: Glue Package from Satellite City glue
Match the shop: Glue package from Satellite City Glue and 16oz Alumilite pack

Don't think I'll be ordering any glue anytime soon!

Thanks to everyone who works on the bash and those that donate so generously!

Draken

I received a wonderful package of pen and bottle stopper blanks from edohmann, which I won in the Trivia contest. Thank you Edgar for the great selection of woods and sizes. Several types of wood I haven't had the pleasure of turning yet, so I look forward to those. And that big block of laminated Maple and Paduk will be fun to work with. Thank you again for the great prize package and for supporting the IAP's birthday bash.

Cheers,
James

Nellieteach

I won a box of wood and Alumilite blanks from MarkD in the Daily Trivia contest. They arrived quickly and look great. I am preparing for my first sale of the season on March 21 and some of the blanks from Mark will be turned and the pens will be in the inventory.
Thanks to all the members involved in making the Bash a great month long event. Many thanks to all the people/vendors for donating the prizes.

Nadine

Last edited:

Rob

Got a stuffed box of goodies in the mail today from Jason (mywoodshopca). Some great looking woods and several castings along with a couple of modified shell casings. In my opinion, the value of what I was sent far exceeded what was promised. A great way to get off the loser train/bus and learn a bit of Trivia to boot. Great job by all involved in the bash and much appreciation is in order. Thanks again Jason.

Attachments

• IMG_20140306_150808_132.jpg
    IMG_20140306_150808_132.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 171

MikeL

Just placed my order using $125 gift certificate from R&B Crafts. Ordered some pen kits some ebonite and Turkish walnut blanks. Looking forward to delivery and thank R&B Craft for the generous sponsorship of the intermediate pen contest!

jcm71

It's in the mail :biggrin:

Edgar

If you had my address, I'd actually believe you! :biggrin:

Thank you to all the generous, thoughtful, and accommodating members and vendors for funding the bash - that's what makes the bash successful!

I'd send Ed your address, but the return address on the package you sent me is illegible. :biggrin:

bobleibo

I must be living right.....I am the lucky winner of the John U feather blank collection. I have bought some before from Ed at Exotics but they always get absconded by family and friends when they come over. And every time I try to buy more from Ed they are gone. This time I'm investing in some strong chains. Just trying to figure out how to attach them to the clip.
John and I have already communicated. I think he knows I'll be camped out by the mailbox!
I'll post pics as soon as I have a couple done.
Thank you John for your generosity and to the entire team for making this all possible.
Cheers
Bob

Attachments

• JohnU-Feathers.jpg
    JohnU-Feathers.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 174

longbeard

I must be living right.....I am the lucky winner of the John U feather blank collection. I have bought some before from Ed at Exotics but they always get absconded by family and friends when they come over. And every time I try to buy more from Ed they are gone. This time I'm investing in some strong chains. Just trying to figure out how to attach them to the clip.
John and I have already communicated. I think he knows I'll be camped out by the mailbox!
Thank you John for your generosity and to the entire team for making this all possible.
Cheers
Bob

Thats an awesome haul, i've turned a few of his and they are great. Congrats on the win.

Harry

alankulwicki7

Here's the cherry pen stand I won in the Donation drawing. Thank you Erik Land (cnccutter) and Jeff! Looks great!

I also won a $30 gift certificate from Classic Nib from the Wood ID contest. Hope to use that one soon!

BTW: The pens are for two chiefs on my fire dept. These were made from the original maple flooring from the elementary school they both attended. We did some training burns in the building before it was demolished last year. I plan on giving them to them at our annual dinner in April.

Attachments

• iapstand.jpg
    iapstand.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 143

Turned Around

Cheers
Bob

I'm jealous of that bag of loot. Been wanting to get some feather blanks.

Top Bottom