The new guy in Missouri

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RJ965

My name is Roger, and I am new to the forum, and to wood turning. I live in Missouri, and am the pastor of a small church. I bought a small jet lathe from a man that was at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO several years ago. I have turned a couple of tops and candle holders, but I have been mostly turning ng pens. I am fasinated with the lathe, and can see this being a lifelong pasttime. I am looking forward to learning more about turning all sorts of things, and hope to become proficient. I appreciate those who have made this forum the great resource of information that it is.
RJ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Roger. I "was" a pastor and then spent 26 years overseas as a church planter. Now, I work with a large group of churches in church growth capacity. Making pens was my relaxation - and soon to be again.

This is a great hobby to have. Enjoy it. Lots of great information here and lots of supporters around too. Your area is dotted with experienced turners.

I get up to Ozark and Springfield (and Branson) every two of three months (daughter lives in Ozark.) Love your area of the country!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Roger.

If you get some pens made within the next 60 days, be sure and post a photo in the Show Off Your Pens forum and that will get you entered into a drawing for a gift certificate from Exotic Blanks.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions that you might have.

Rolandranch

Welcome from Tucson, AZ. My dad is also a pastor of a small church here in Tucson. I, my dad, and three of my siblings enjoy turning pens. There is lots to learn in this forum.

TDE

Welcome from Arkansas. It doesn't take long for this to have you hooked. You are at the right place for sure, lots of help and a great group of people. Happy turning. Ted :)

Welcome from LA....

That's actually Lower Arkansas, although some from Alabama also try to make that claim! Been working in church music since 1970, taught school for a few years then moved into maintenance! Just returned to wood turning about 3 years ago....Pen turning is a great if not addictive hobby!:rolleyes:

Top Bottom