THE MOD FOR MY BIG DRILL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

At last with the curfew extended I was prepared and ready to modify again my large drill press I dedicate to blank drilling mostly.Came in for dinner,a brisk cold snap made it more pleasant inside working anyway. I managed to obtain an old model car steering wheel (like hens teeth)) from a 4 wheel drive dealer. He would not take any money so I gave him a pen made using braided fibreglass blank from Captn G many years ago,it was a stunner.

Anyway I stripped the wheel and removed the three offensive spokes on the downward control shaft and scrounged screws,milled a three step tapered pulley and the pics taken in the dark with a near flat battery here is the result.

I am really happy now when the twist drill is emerging through a blank I can control it with two hands and a wheel. This desire came about because spokes invariably worked loose or then locktited in. I was given a humungous micro controlled a\heavy as lead device on the rest then fitted a 4 inch vice ,two Vee horizontal and vertical jaws .

Done deal I am exhausted and now comfy in my air con viewing room ready to relax.

Kind regards Peter.

Ironwood

Glad to hear you got this project finished so soon, only was talking to you about it a couple of days ago Peter.
Looking forward to seeing those photos.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Glad to see you are keeping yourself busy Peter, and not under Wilma's feet.. :D
Also looking forward to seeing a pic or two.

Top Bottom