The Lightening Bolt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

Here is a couple of Sierra Vista pens with copper braiding and lightening bolts. One has the pure copper bolt and the other is pure copper but plated in black which really pops well. Each has 3 bolts around the blank. I cast these in Silmar 41 and turned and polished to a high shine. Any comments or questions are always welcomed. Thanks for looking.

2 Sierra bolt copper pens.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KLJ

Both are very nice. How did you make the bolts? Did you melt and pour the bolts into a mold? To me the black stands out more but the other one looks like a more expensive pen. Good job.

jttheclockman

Both are very nice. How did you make the bolts? Did you melt and pour the bolts into a mold? To me the black stands out more but the other one looks like a more expensive pen. Good job.
I did not make the bolts. I bought them off etsy. They are charms or earrings. I was going to make the bolts and in fact I had everything set to start scrollsawing them out of thin copper but found these and they work perfect. I wanted something else to put on my IBEW watch dial pens to symbolize the electrician and they fit the bill. So I bend to fit and they work well. Just that I need to use a Sierra Vista kit because of the depth I need when wrapping these around and that kit does well because I can get copper plating as well. Using the copper braiding takes up some room on the tube so thus the need for a larger kit.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Reactions: KLJ
Top Bottom