The H bone collective

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Eckspec2

Eckspec2

Started these a few months back as a challenge to to try new things. I've learnt a lot, mainly don't bite off more than you can chew ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_20230131_194652_edit_30248426317258.jpg
. All pens are fully lined but the herringbones have brass tubes

IMG_20230131_195022_edit_1174837397212915.jpg

"Cracked earth chocolate orange" African black wood, orange tulip veneer and orange pvc accents on Mocha kirinite

IMG_20230131_195047_edit_1174818952160313.jpg

"Everything but the kitchen sink" Mulberry with red tulip veneer and red and yellow pvc accents on Reoja mother of pearl kirinite

IMG_20230131_195105_edit_1174798297861879.jpg

"Blue cola n cocabola"
Cocabola with blue tulip veneer and blue pvc accents on blue mother of pearl kirinite with a brass band on the section.

IMG_20230131_195121_edit_1174766736499384.jpg

"Amber gambler"
Yew with black oak veneer and orange and black pvc accents on Root beer kirinite

IMG_20230131_195141_edit_1174745393874387.jpg

"Sun blocked"
Paduk with yellow tulip veneer and orange and yellow pvc accents on sunspot kirinite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
WOW!! That is an impressive collection. Herringbones have a very distinct learning curve, and only with repeated efforts can be consistently mastered - you have done superbly. Your precision and tight joints are excellent, and I appreciate the design effort for the end caps, trim rings and sections - NICE Knot!!

Oh... hard to choose, but I do love the Blue/Cocobolo.

Thank you for sharing.

Eckspec2

WOW!! That is an impressive collection. Herringbones have a very distinct learning curve, and only with repeated efforts can be consistently mastered - you have done superbly. Your precision and tight joints are excellent, and I appreciate the design effort for the end caps, trim rings and sections - NICE Knot!!

Oh... hard to choose, but I do love the Blue/Cocobolo.

Thank you for sharing.
Thank you Mark

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I noticed an interesting photography effect. In your photos, there is a white line, (not in the least bit distracting to me). But it is cool that in every photo, the white line aligns with your segmenting! It displays your precision of the herringbone. Again, well done. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

magpens

I noticed an interesting photography effect. In your photos, there is a white line, (not in the least bit distracting to me). But it is cool that in every photo, the white line aligns with your segmenting! It displays your precision of the herringbone. Again, well done. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Mark, that is an accurate and impressive observational fact in itself and testifies to the quality of the work that produced these stunning pens !

It is very difficult to find words that are adequate . . . . .

This is a new month. I believe we have an IAP acknowledgment for "Pen of the Month" or something like that.

But how about the "Pen 5-Pack" which Eric has displayed above ?

Last edited:

TDahl

Wow. Great work. I like them all, and am extremely impressed with the Mulberry with Red Tulip pen. The knot design in the section is definitey over the top!

Eckspec2

Hi Mark, I took these pictures in my kitchen. It's the lights from the cabinets above the worktop. An unexpected effect

Eckspec2

That's very impressive! The Celtic knot in the looks great; a little busy, but very well done.

Did you put the herringbone on a tube and then line the tube?
That's very impressive! The Celtic knot in the looks great; a little busy, but very well done.

Did you put the herringbone on a tube and then line the tube?
Hi, sorry my description was not very accurate. The internal structure in the pen is all keronite. This is one of my prototypes and maybe explains it better.

Attachments

• IMG_20230201_221437.jpg
    IMG_20230201_221437.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 73

MedWoodWorx

Started these a few months back as a challenge to to try new things. I've learnt a lot, mainly don't bite off more than you can chew ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

View attachment 348252. All pens are fully lined but the herringbones have brass tubes

View attachment 348253
"Cracked earth chocolate orange" African black wood, orange tulip veneer and orange pvc accents on Mocha kirinite

View attachment 348254
"Everything but the kitchen sink" Mulberry with red tulip veneer and red and yellow pvc accents on Reoja mother of pearl kirinite

View attachment 348255
"Blue cola n cocabola"
Cocabola with blue tulip veneer and blue pvc accents on blue mother of pearl kirinite with a brass band on the section.

View attachment 348256
"Amber gambler"
Yew with black oak veneer and orange and black pvc accents on Root beer kirinite

View attachment 348257
"Sun blocked"
Paduk with yellow tulip veneer and orange and yellow pvc accents on sunspot kirinite
Amazing is an understatement. Well done!!

its_virgil

Really very nice. Excellently exquisite actually. Having done several of these, not as nice as yours BTW, I know how much work goes into the 360 herringbone which is what these appear to be. Did you make the 6-tile layers then stack them or do you have a different way to build the blank? Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Eckspec2

Really very nice. Excellently exquisite actually. Having done several of these, not as nice as yours BTW, I know how much work goes into the 360 herringbone which is what these appear to be. Did you make the 6-tile layers then stack them or do you have a different way to build the blank? Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Thanks, I do them in 6 tile layers. Building another right now

Pebbles

Absolutely gorgeous pens!! Can't imagine the expertise and amount of work it must have taken to do them and so perfectly. Puts my beginner Slimlines to shame but shows me what's possible. Congrats!

Eckspec2

Absolutely gorgeous pens!! Can't imagine the expertise and amount of work it must have taken to do them and so perfectly. Puts my beginner Slimlines to shame but shows me what's possible. Congrats!thanks
Absolutely gorgeous pens!! Can't imagine the expertise and amount of work it must have taken to do them and so perfectly. Puts my beginner Slimlines to shame but shows me what's possible. Congrats!
Thanks Maria, keep at it

Top Bottom