The gift of a pen…

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hallelujahal

I sent a pen I'd made recently over to my old dad…we've not spoken or communicated much in recent years for various reasons. So last night he rang me for the first time in what feels like a millenia to thank me for the pen. We spent the best part of the next hour chatting about all sorts and updating each other on family and personal news…it's such a simple thing, but I'm so pleased that I did it. It's amazing what the gift of a pen can do! Pic of the pen below - it's nothing special, I'm still a complete newbie, but it's special to me 😄

Attachments

• 7014061E-8E55-4A6F-B085-EE191886514E.jpeg
    7014061E-8E55-4A6F-B085-EE191886514E.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 112
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Seems like a small thing . . . . but the result is amazing ! ! ! !

I fully understand the communication part of the story ( the main part of the story, in fact ! !) and I feel joy for both you and your dad ! ! ! !

BoonareeBurl

I sent a pen I'd made recently over to my old dad…we've not spoken or communicated much in recent years for various reasons. So last night he rang me for the first time in what feels like a millenia to thank me for the pen. We spent the best part of the next hour chatting about all sorts and updating each other on family and personal news…it's such a simple thing, but I'm so pleased that I did it. It's amazing what the gift of a pen can do! Pic of the pen below - it's nothing special, I'm still a complete newbie, but it's special to me 😄
Beautiful pen and story.

Btw, I haven't heard from you in forever. Please send me a pen so we can catch up. :)

G

TDahl

Such a great inspiring story. I am glad you were able to create a treasure for your dad doing something you love. Thank you for sharing.

Lee58

I had a similar thing happen. One of my co-workers (who was from Puerto Rico) brought me a piece of wood his dad had for his whole life and wanted to know if I could make him 3 pens one for him, his dad, and his sister, (whom he had not talked to for many years because of a family issue). The wood was very hard and no idea what it was but really did not matter I made the pens that he selected and when I gave him the pens, he had tears in his eyes. He went back to Puerto Rico for a visit and gave the pens to the family members. He told me his dad cried when he was given the pen, and so did his sister. However, it broke the ice between him, and his sister and they started talking and made up for the long separation that they had and made the family whole again. His dad had been trying for years to get them back together and all it took was a pen. That touched me knowing something I had done made had so much effect on people.

hallelujahal

I had a similar thing happen. One of my co-workers (who was from Puerto Rico) brought me a piece of wood his dad had for his whole life and wanted to know if I could make him 3 pens one for him, his dad, and his sister, (whom he had not talked to for many years because of a family issue). The wood was very hard and no idea what it was but really did not matter I made the pens that he selected and when I gave him the pens, he had tears in his eyes. He went back to Puerto Rico for a visit and gave the pens to the family members. He told me his dad cried when he was given the pen, and so did his sister. However, it broke the ice between him, and his sister and they started talking and made up for the long separation that they had and made the family whole again. His dad had been trying for years to get them back together and all it took was a pen. That touched me knowing something I had done made had so much effect on people.
That is wonderful to hear!

Top Bottom