"The Eye of Sauron"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marko50

Marko50

Here's my take on the new Skull kits coming out of PSI. ...just had to give it a try. It's kinda fun to just break loose and let your imagination run. It might be lame, but its my take on the "Eye of Sauron" from JRR Tolkien's "The Two Towers". The top and bottom are both custom cast using aluminum tape and embossing techniques. Alumilite was used as the resin. C&C always welcomed:)

Attachments

• DSC_3665.jpg
    DSC_3665.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC_3669.jpg
    DSC_3669.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Loved the books - many times over the past 35 years. Also loved the movies. I think the kit is hideous... (I'm not into GOTH, but do like other of the stylized PSI stuff), But this is brilliant for what you applied it too!!! Nice save Mark!

I have no desire for the kit, but what you did with both blanks is great! Upper is awesome and fits the bill very well. The lower blank is incredible for the title! Anyone who is familiar with the movie and book will appreciate this.

Our whole family are Tolkein fans, so... I may have to suck it up!

NICE!!! Happy Holidays.

elody21

I've got 2 boys. I love the pen! I have been thinking of getting some of the skull kits myself to try.

Oldredbeard

I think it's awesome. The blanks are ingenious, and so fitting for the title. Congrats on a fantastic work of art.

Here's one I did, not near up to par with yours.

Last edited:

Marko50

Ummm...I think yours is very well done!

I think it's awesome. The blanks are ingenious, and so fitting for the title. Congrats on a fantastic work of art.

I beg to differ Tim. Your Skull pen is amazing! I love the blank and it to, is very fitting for the kit itself. Great job!,

Mark

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Just an amendment (Ha Ha)... My term for the kit - "hideous" may have been a bit strong :redface:. No problem with any of the craftsmanship folks! This kit just isn't my cup of tea! Diversity is good!!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Loved the books - many times over the past 35 years. Also loved the movies. I think the kit is hideous... (I'm not into GOTH, but do like other of the stylized PSI stuff), But this is brilliant for what you applied it too!!! Nice save Mark!

I have no desire for the kit, but what you did with both blanks is great! Upper is awesome and fits the bill very well. The lower blank is incredible for the title! Anyone who is familiar with the movie and book will appreciate this.

Our whole family are Tolkein fans, so... I may have to suck it up!

NICE!!! Happy Holidays.

So much for my opinion!!! I showed the pen to my wife (who has worn out several copies of the Tolkien series, as well as the Silmarillion)

And she wants a Skull pen... :eek:

Oldredbeard

I beg to differ Tim. Your Skull pen is amazing! I love the blank and it to, is very fitting for the kit itself. Great job!,

Mark

Thanks Mark. I liked the cranberry and black blank for it, with the red eyes.

79spitfire

I love the blanks and obviously your work is near perfect.

Can't seem to get into the kit, but that's not you. I think the 'eye' would look awesome on pretty much any pen.

Top Bottom