The Divorcemaker Blank....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scjohnson243

If anyone read my story about the dyes here, they know what happened creating this blank... I just took a few pictures with my cell phone, so they quality isn't the best...

First one is the black blank.. Its black with some metallic blue swirled around, I also put some silver tensel (?) stuff I found in Hobby Lobby.. I REALLY like the black/blue but its got tons of little bubbles in it... I wanted to do a redo last night but when I pulled the alumilite out my wife gave me the evil eye....

Black_Blank.jpg

Next I tried a dark red solid color with the same tensel, I just chopped it up in smaller pieces... I liked this one, and just need to add something to give it depth... Want to paint a tube black and put it together and see how it comes out.. Again, bubbles all in it, possibly be fixed with CA, but... I just got a pressure pot today and want to try to recast after this weekend... I dont know if I like this or not... seems kinda... blah...

Red_Blank.jpg

After all the excitement, my 4 year old wanted to get involved and I felt bad for not letting her on the other 2, so I took pity on the child and let her mix some colors.. she came up with Silver and Copper... Laughing how terrible it looked, I put in in PVC and told her tomorrow we would look at her clown pen....

of course it came out better than all the others.. I put it in a executive kit and like it...

Success_1.jpg

Closeup of the blank...

Success_2.jpg

All of my horizonal molds seem to just mix colors up... the orange one was in PVC and it seemed to come out with more of a "Mix" and not just blended together...

To look at the blanks, I casted them, cut a section off the mold and just put it on the lathe to round it and put a little sandpaper / finish on it just to get an idea on what it would have looked like.... I'm sure there is probably a better way!

Top Bottom